Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Snoods

Out of interest have members spotted any so called Snoods being worn during SSML matches, the ridiculous neck tubes seem to have caught on in a big way however presumably they are quite pricey to purchase. Aparently 9 Snoods were worn in the Premiership on Saturday, 3 sported by British players and 49 players wore gloves with 10 of those being British, what has football come to and Billy Bremner would turn in his grave wouldn't he.

The nine Premiership culprits wearing Snoods on Saturday were Bacary Sagna and Marouane Chamakh (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), DJ Campbell (Blackpool, Martin Petrov (Bolton), Carlos Tevez, David Silva and Mario Balotelli (Man City) and Craig Gordon (Sunderland).

Hatfield town goalkeeper sam lacey was wearing what looked to be a snood, probably just a cheap old scarf tho

they have been around for years in a different form known as neck gaiters. I know i wore one about 6 years ago and iker casillas has worn them for years. you can pick them for around £10.

• 2 weeks later...

It was noticeable that there weren't as many so called Snoods being worn at the weekend. Fair play to Alex Fergusson for banning the controversial neck wear at Old Trafford ahead of tonight's game with Arsenal saying 'they're for powder puffs' and 'real men don't wear things like that'. Rio Ferdinand also poured scorn on the garb on his Twitter page saying 'you won't see a Man Utd player wearing a Snood on Monday night'.

I suppose thats the sort of manager Ferguson is. Most probably wouldn't feel the need to bully their players according to every personal like and dislike.

I get grief from some of my Vets team mates for wearing gloves... But as one has started using a hair band the attention has diverted a bit!!

Out of interest have members spotted any so called Snoods being worn during SSML matches

The question was asked as Rhodes is not welcome at any SSML ground so cannot answer it himself cheesy%20(2).gif

• 3 months later...

I take it that all Club's saw this notice on the FA Website:

Snoods (Neck Scarves)

10 Mar 11

The International Football Association Board held their Annual meeting at the Celtic Manor Hotel in Newport, Wales on Saturday 5th March.

At that meeting it was decided that Snoods (Neck Scarves) that some players wear could constitute a danger to themselves if an opponent pulled them and were not part of the Basic Equipment as outlined under Law 4 – Players Equipment.

Therefore, with immediate effect players are not allowed to wear these garments and I would ask you to inform your member clubs of this decision.

Yours sincerely

N S Barry

Head of Senior Referee Development

The Football Association

I take it that all Club's saw this notice on the FA Website:

Snoods (Neck Scarves)

10 Mar 11

The International Football Association Board held their Annual meeting at the Celtic Manor Hotel in Newport, Wales on Saturday 5th March.

At that meeting it was decided that Snoods (Neck Scarves) that some players wear could constitute a danger to themselves if an opponent pulled them and were not part of the Basic Equipment as outlined under Law 4 – Players Equipment.

Therefore, with immediate effect players are not allowed to wear these garments and I would ask you to inform your member clubs of this decision.

Yours sincerely

N S Barry

Head of Senior Referee Development

The Football Association

Old news even though it does not come into effect until 1 July 2011 according to Laws of the Game.