Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 3/4/5 January

Dean is no longer at Padbury but won't be joining anyone until I'm told certain issues resolved.

As for the issues at hand, spoke to Craig yesterday but it's not my place to say as to what these are, between club and player

Shame as they have a decent set up and one of the better pitches going.

Unfortunately Langford brought it all on themselves when they didn't appoint Tony Armitage as their Manager earlier in the season so I have no sympathy for them really

I've heard a small rumour that Dean Robb has left high flying padbury and crossed over to the struggling stony stratford?

Can anyone straighten this up for me? Craig Bicknell perhaps as i'm sure he'll know what his players (or former players) are doing!

that is correct dean has left but still has not told me that he has left i had to hear this from another player . then the stony manager turned up on my chairmans door step asking to sighn a de reg form witch i told him not to sighn untill i get club tracksuit back and any fine money out standing . i got warned by a number of people about dean but thought i would give him a chance . and he had plenty of them but the final straw was prob the sighning of macca and didnt want to fight for a shirt .

Tuesday 4 January

Reserve Challenge Trophy Second Round (7.45pm)

Royston Town Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

I note that tonight's only result hasn't been put up on Football Mitoo as yet (11.30pm)

Division One

0 1 London Colney v Harpenden Town

Someone from another's Forum was at this affair yesterday:

Spartan South Midland Division 1

London Colney 0 Harpenden Town 1

Admission £5 incl prog

Att 90 est.

A very entertaining game that Harpenden won after being under the cosh

for the first 30 minutes, during this spell the hosts had a few corners before

Harpenden quickly broke and finished well.

The hosts had a decent no.11 who whipped in a few decent crosses but the

Harpenden rearguard stood firm until the break.

Second half saw more London Colney pressure as once again the visitors'

resolute defence soaked up everything thrown at them and then countered

in a very end to end second half, however they stood firm and went away

with a very decent win here.

Going back to the Haringay match report, pretty fair one. Two of three very poor decisions by the ref mentioned as well, glad Haringay saw it the same way.

Keeper pushing shot over with two hands in plain view of the ref given as goal kick.

Blatent barge in the back sending player flying in the box was a dead cert pen (possibly putting us 2-0 up). Even Haringay coach in dugout turned round wiping his brow admitting it was a pen.

Other decision for me was in second half when one of our players was wiped out by a tackle nowhere near getting the ball with ref and lino no more than 15 yards away and ref gave a goal kick. I think the assessor had to go and refill his pen at one point ;-)

It's very frustrating as these decisions wind up the players and being a young (except me) bunch they end up paying for it by being booked for dissent when questioning the decisions.

It sounded like a classic at Garden Walk last night!:

Tuesday 4 January

Reserve Challenge Trophy Second Round

4 3 Royston Town Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves (aet)

Going back to the Haringay match report, pretty fair one. Two of three very poor decisions by the ref mentioned as well, glad Haringay saw it the same way.

Keeper pushing shot over with two hands in plain view of the ref given as goal kick.

Blatent barge in the back sending player flying in the box was a dead cert pen (possibly putting us 2-0 up). Even Haringay coach in dugout turned round wiping his brow admitting it was a pen.

Other decision for me was in second half when one of our players was wiped out by a tackle nowhere near getting the ball with ref and lino no more than 15 yards away and ref gave a goal kick. I think the assessor had to go and refill his pen at one point ;-)

It's very frustrating as these decisions wind up the players and being a young (except me) bunch they end up paying for it by being booked for dissent when questioning the decisions.

Totally agree with the report, the ref was shocking and he is one of the new blood, the linesman never stood in line with the last man in defence instead giving himself a 10 yard head start cheesy%20%282%29.gif

Some good pics from the London Lions v Hoddy game can be found at http://www.thejc.com/galleries/sport-galleries/london-lions-vs-hoddesdon-town

I quite like this one

19_15.jpg

Last night’s results:

Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Quarter Final

3 2 AFC Dunstable v Caldecote

Hertfordshire FA Intermediate Cup Third Round

2 5 Berkhamsted Reserves v Hadley Reserves