Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 18/19 January

Tonight's results:

Tuesday 18 January

Premier Division

3 3 Biggleswade United v Hertford Town

P Chalfont St Peter v Oxhey Jets

2 1 Dunstable Town v Kentish Town

2 0 Royston Town v Haringey Borough

P St Margaretsbury v Kingsbury London Tigers

P Tring Athletic v Hadley

Division One

P Kings Langley v Bedford

Challenge Trophy Third Round

1 4 Broxbourne Borough v Colney Heath

Premier Division Cup Quarter Final

P Leverstock Green v Stotfold

Hertfordshire FA Senior Cup Second Round

P St Margaretsbury v Leverstock Green

P Hadley v Barnet

Buckingham Senior)Charity Cup Second Round

2 2 Buckingham Athletic v Mursley United (aet, Mursley won 4-2 on pens)

South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup First Round

P Stansted v Langford

South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup Second Round

3 2 Oxhey Jets v Hoddesdon Town

South Midlands Reserve Floodlit Cup Second Round

Ampthill Town Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

Apart from Kentish Town being in freefall at the moment you mean or Mr Panayiotou finally getting a run out

You mean tonight, Dunstable Town v Stotfold and four games in the Islington Midweek League or KOPA League

Flesh on the bones from last night:

Tuesday 18 January

Premier Division

P Chalfont St Peter v Oxhey Jets

2 1 Dunstable Town v Kentish Town

2 0 Royston Town v Haringey Borough

http://www.haringeyb...85941&conf==

P Tring Athletic v Hadley

Division One

P Kings Langley v Bedford

Challenge Trophy Third Round

1 4 Broxbourne Borough v Colney Heath

Premier Division Cup Quarter Final

P Leverstock Green v Stotfold

Hertfordshire FA Senior Cup Second Round

P St Margaretsbury v Leverstock Green

P Hadley v Barnet

Buckingham Senior)Charity Cup Second Round

2 2 Buckingham Athletic v Mursley United (aet, Mursley won 4-2 on pens)

South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup First Round

P Stansted v Langford

South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup Second Round

3 2 Oxhey Jets v Hoddesdon Town

http://www.oxheyjets.com/index.html

1 3 Ampthill Town Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

Edited by NeutralFan

Tuesday 18 January

Premier Division

A comprehensive report on this affair from another's Forum:

Biggleswade United (1) 3, Hertford (3) 3

Spartan South Midlands League - Premier

Attendance; 74

Admission £5 (incl very good 28 page prog), coffee 50p

Having pencilled in a visit to either Biggleswade Town (v Ashford Town Middx) or Biggleswade United, my mind was made up for me when a waterloogged Town pitch caused a postponment at Town. I must admit that the game itself did not really appeal to me but once it started my pre match trepidation was proved quite wrong.

The pitch at Second Meadow was in excellent condition and both sides indeed look up for it. The referee, Mr Cannon, put his mark on the game early by booking two Hertford players in the first 11 minutes. Having set his stall out both sets of players "behaved" themselves to an extent. This cracker of a game had both sides creating chances and it was Hertford that struck first with McCardle on target on 16 minutes. More chances both ends, nine minutes on and a home equaliser, Sean Murray firing home through a crowded penalty area from the edge of the box. Both sides were losing possession on a regular basis, Hertford were the team to capitalise on this with, Mark Draper, scoring twice from close range in the space of five minutes. Biggleswade went in at half-time 1-3 down but certainly didn't deserve to be behind. I made my way to the club house to catch my breath and wondering if the ssecond half could be as entertaining.

Indeed at the begining of the second period Hertford looked quite capable of extending their lead. On fifty four minutes Biggleswade's goalkeeper Kevin Lane was swift out of his area to bring down an oncoming forward. He's got to go, I and the majority of the spectators thought, but no only a yellow card only. Second week running I seen a red card offence committed with only a yellow given. Lucky lad that goalkeeper. On the hour, Biggleswade made a couple of substitutions which paid off instantly as Chris Butler scored with almost his first touch of the game. Now only a goal behind the home side pushed forward in search of an equaliser. With Hertford also trying for a "killer goal" the game took on an even more intense fevour. With eleven minutes remaining Biggleswade sub, Scott Timmins took advantage of a goalkeeping howler that allowed him a tap-in at the far post. Both teams now went in search of winner and made enough chances to double the scoreline if they had all been taken. The Biggleswade bench tried to calm their players down and to defend the point gained without much success! A draw, a fair result indeed for the most entertaining game I've seen in a long time. Yes. it was a cold evening but a game like this does a lot to keep you warm.

Wednesday 19 January

Cockfosters Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

I see that this one is postponed tonight with a re-arranged date of 26 January

Went to oxhey jets on Tuesday. Best wishes to the home keeper who suffered a horrific injury. good pitch there and the hospitality was excellent. Great game to watch too between two ambitious and attacking sides. Only complaint is the somewhat industrial language from the home support. 90 minutes of f's and c's soured an otherwise superb evening of football. Good luck to oxhey for the rest of the season.

Result from this evening in the Challenge Trophy Third Round:

AFC Dunstable 0 Chalfont St Peter 4

Went to oxhey jets on Tuesday. Best wishes to the home keeper who suffered a horrific injury. good pitch there and the hospitality was excellent. Great game to watch too between two ambitious and attacking sides. Only complaint is the somewhat industrial language from the home support. 90 minutes of f's and c's soured an otherwise superb evening of football. Good luck to oxhey for the rest of the season.

Before I left the venue I was told that the goalkeeper was in surgery.

The most freakish injury I have ever come across in football.

Best wishes to him.

Went to oxhey jets on Tuesday

Jonno - Did you meet Mr Panayiotou after the proceedings out of interest

Sorry to hear about the injury to the Oxhey keeper.Best wishes and get well soon. Jonno you get 90 minutes of fs and c`s at a Hoddesdon Town reserve match and thats from the bench!!dance%20(2).gif

Tuesday 18 January

Premier Division

Hertford Town's version of events from Tuesday evening:

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/Big_18_01_11.html