Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 18/19 January

Ref Off Ref - It goes without saying that we all wish Mark Jessop a speedy recovery. I guess that whenever you hear of a keeper sustaining a nasty injury, such as Petr Cech for Chelsea against Reading for example, you get flashbacks from when your lad was at New Bradwell St Peter

Just a quick note to say thanks for all the kind wishes and messages of support ive received both on here and via text and the club. Im recovering well and am at home now and from all accounts the surgery was a success, ( well if losing a testicle can be classed as that). I must say that no blame whatsoever should be attached to the young guy at Hoddesdon, it was a full hearted 50/50 from both sides and it was just a freak accident, but both my club, (Oxhey Jets) and Hoddesdon were amazing along with the paramedics to stem the blood and keep things intact enough for surgery. I really cant thank people enough and its great to see that behind all the banter people actually do care about football at this level

P.S, i have one well worn teste going on e bay if you know anyone thats interested :smilewinkgrin:

Just a quick note to say thanks for all the kind wishes and messages of support ive received both on here and via text and the club. Im recovering well and am at home now and from all accounts the surgery was a success, ( well if losing a testicle can be classed as that). I must say that no blame whatsoever should be attached to the young guy at Hoddesdon, it was a full hearted 50/50 from both sides and it was just a freak accident, but both my club, (Oxhey Jets) and Hoddesdon were amazing along with the paramedics to stem the blood and keep things intact enough for surgery. I really cant thank people enough and its great to see that behind all the banter people actually do care about football at this level

P.S, i have one well worn teste going on e bay if you know anyone thats interested :smilewinkgrin:

Best wishes and good luck for a quick recovery

Jess fair play to you mate and hope you are back soon.

From Rhodes remarks about my lad he's a keeper and suffered 3 dislocated shoulder injuries in 3 consecutive seasons, touch wood everything is going ok for him at the mo.

Anyway good luck mate....

Sorry to hear of your accident.

Get well soon and come back playing stronger!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

get well soon mate from all at padbury .

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

You must have had a 'ringside' view of the incident on Tuesday evening

Keeps - Why do you say that, he was a linesman so obviously he must have been close, or reasonably close, to the incident

Since Mr Jessop has given his views on the incident and Rhodes has asked for my opinion, I'll try my best to recollect what occurred.

The player from Hoddesdon Town was clean through on goal. Mr Jessop raced out and I think may have got a touch to the ball before the Hoddesdon player made contact.

My view was that the Hoddesdon Town player missed the ball by a whisker but running through and speed connected with Mr Jessop. Although his studs were up they were not over the top and his other foot was on the ground and not jumping into Mr Jessop.

It was immediately clear that Mr Jessop was seriously injured. The Referee stopped play and quickly beckoned onto the Field of Play the physio of Oxhey Jets. To their credit, Hoddesdon Town also sent on their physio to assist Mr Jessop.

Both sets of players were concerned as to the severity of Mr Jessop's condition and behaved impeccably while he received treatment.

The player was cautioned as the tackle was deemed to be reckless.

I spoke to the Captain of Oxhey Jets and the Manager of Hoddesdon Town during the stoppage and we were all in agreement that it was a freak injury and no malice was intended by the Hoddesdon Town player.

Keeps - Why do you say that, he was a linesman so obviously he must have been close, or reasonably close, to the incident

Assistant Referee if you don't mind.

Great to see you online Jess and in good spirits. I agree with the summary made above by PetetheGreek. My only complaint is that the tea lady went off to call an ambulance so while Jess was being treated, I couldnt get a cuppa to warm me up. It was bloody cold out there!! Only kidding and all the best for a speedy recovery.

And for the record, no Rhodes, me and Pete didnt have a conversation. If we had, it would have only been about you....

Great to see you online Jess and in good spirits. I agree with the summary made above by PetetheGreek. My only complaint is that the tea lady went off to call an ambulance so while Jess was being treated, I couldnt get a cuppa to warm me up. It was bloody cold out there!! Only kidding and all the best for a speedy recovery.

And for the record, no Rhodes, me and Pete didnt have a conversation. If we had, it would have only been about you....

I may attend the Hoddesdon Town vs Sun Postal Sports on Tuesday.

We can natter away then if you are in attendance! :grin:

Yeah, Ill be there Pete! Make yaself known to me and Ill treat you to a cuppa. Might even be able to sneak you into the boardroom at half time if you fancy a bourbon cream? Dont tell Roger though. He hates refs.....

Yeah, Ill be there Pete! Make yaself known to me and Ill treat you to a cuppa. Might even be able to sneak you into the boardroom at half time if you fancy a bourbon cream? Dont tell Roger though. He hates refs.....

We to think very highly of Mr Merton.

My coffee%20%282%29.gif is milk no sugar please.

for legal reasons i have been asked by my lawyer to retract my previous comment regarding Mr Mertons dislike for officials. Mr Merton told me only last week that he in fact loves all the w*****s in black....

for legal reasons i have been asked by my lawyer to retract my previous comment regarding Mr Mertons dislike for officials. Mr Merton told me only last week that he in fact loves all the w*****s in black....

Now i know why Hoddesdon Town have black in their kit!! dance%20(2).gif

I'll pass on Mr Merton's kind words to my colleagues.