Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stony Stratford Town FC

I understand that the first team manager resigned after Saturday's result.

Any opinions on who should take over?

A mad man!!!!!!!!!

It has to be someone with the ability to pull decent players in,and the desire to really take them further! The playing squad they have at the moment is absolutely terrible compared to the squads they've had in past years, Pretty much all of them wouldn't even make it into some of the reserve sides they have had in recent years!

Shame as stony used to be one of those sides that people feared or worried about playing but now they seem to be the joke side of div 1. (along with one or two clubs at the bottom with them!)

How about Craig Connell returning like the Prodigal Son

A mad man!!!!!!!!!

Rhodes wont be offered the job Love the Game......oh sorry you said mad man, thought it said SAD man haha

How about Craig Connell returning like the Prodigal Son

I wonder if he would have the player pull he once did.

Never replicated the success he had at Stony with Cranfield and afew of better players he had have now moved on to higher clubs and I'd be surprised if they'd take the step back.

I think you are right....trying to repeat success at a club with little or no money and the fact they don't meet the required ground criteria wouldn't be a good move for Craig, and if he had the pulling capacity then surely when he left Stony for Cranfield success would have followed.

It's a shame as the club has a good past, but I think unless something major happens in time then it's just going to be downhill all the way, poor facilities, poor squad,no money and the fact that the present committee are not the most over ambitious wont have the best queing up for an interview....but then stranger things have happened, time will tell I guess.

My money's on Avram Grant.

Edited by ref off ref

I wonder if he would have the player pull he once did.

Yes and whether he would try to tempt Stuart Reynolds away from Ampthill Park!

There are also a few clubs in Division One that are requesting relegation at the end of the season and at least one Div Two club who have requested they stay in Div two irrelevant if they finish it a promotion place.

WTF !?!?

I believe it is largely down to finances, Some clubs need to do a lot of work on their grounds to achieve the Grading for Division one, Tie this is in with the lack of money in local football at most clubs some teams are looking at consolidating what they have got. This will give them a couple of seasons to get work done and hopefully in their eyes come back stronger. Personally I would always want my club to play at the highest standard possible but can totally understand why some clubs would pursue this. but the worry would be would you ever get back to where you once were. A few teams have done if before and some have come back stronger but some have continued to go down further

The Div 2 club certainly ain't Padbury LOL....Craig and the Clubs intention was always promotion which is why the ground share at Ford Meadow, still tho need a few more points in the bag before that's achieved.

Guess it has to be Winslow, as the only other club with facilities to go up are Brache and that isn't gonna happen.

Would make sense as it's only their first season back in the SSML, Risborough who currently sit second are in the process of looking into promotion, depends on if they get the green light and the required work done within the time scale.

Be good to see them get the chance, nice little ground, decent people and just a game away this weekend from reaching the Challenge Trophy semi final...fair play to them.