Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Richard Keys and Andy Gray

Yes but he's a lot older and wiser now and has learnt a hell of a lot from his twenty years at Sky especially tactically

Crap manager then - would be crap manager now.

Surely it's human nature for blokes, particularly 'men's men' like Gray and Keys, to take the mickey out of women drivers, women police officers, women footballers and women officials such as Sian Massey and Wendy Toms, it's just school playground banter at the end of the day and a giggle. I really do think that Gray and Keys have been harshly treated and it could have just been an excuse to get rid of them as twenty years in that high profile job was a long time and they had become 'untouchable'.

Surely it's human nature for blokes, particularly 'men's men' like Gray and Keys, to take the mickey out of women drivers, women police officers, women footballers and women officials such as Sian Massey and Wendy Toms, it's just school playground banter at the end of the day and a giggle. I really do think that Gray and Keys have been harshly treated and it could have just been an excuse to get rid of them as twenty years in that high profile job was a long time and they had become 'untouchable'.

for a reputed £1.7 MILLION a year, Gray ought to have developed the savvy not to be caught out saying the wrong thing on mike. That's about 10 times more than you get for running the whole country for God's sake! And your comments say more about you than they do about Messrs Gray and Keys!

Horace - But was it the wrong thing, that's my point, Keys is quoted as saying that it was just 'lads mag humour' and there are 'dark forces at work', he believes he and Gray were 'targetted' and that if off air conversations were all made public then there would be no one left working in broadcasting in the Country.

Horace - But was it the wrong thing, that's my point, Keys is quoted as saying that it was just 'lads mag humour' and there are 'dark forces at work', he believes he and Gray were 'targetted' and that if off air conversations were all made public then there would be no one left working in broadcasting in the Country.

There are two separate points here - one is the neanderthal approach to women (apparently shared by you), andthe other is the conspiracy theory that someone was out to get the charming Messrs Gray and Keys. I think there is more than a grain of truth in that!

If Andy Gray and Richard Keys had been comedians and had said what they said on It's All Over Now or A League of Our Own or in at any Gentlemans Evening Venue around the country there would have been no problem, it's irony, it's pushing the "envelope", edgy etc. Trouble is neither are comedians, they're not even funny, trouble is though that they made their comments off air, in private so to speak, they were not representing Sky at that precise moment so it's all PC gone mad and some barmy maiden aunts from Tunbridge Wells got their knickers in a twist - so what? They are dinosaurs, anachromisms - again -so what. Distasteful and boring but hardly baby killers so get over it, just an indication of not being people whose company you might not enjoy.

Gray has been sacked for the totally inexcusable asking a woman colleague to re-adjust his microphone with hand gestures at his groin area. Not addressed until after someone decided to use it but absolutely spot on.

The trouble will come when someone like Alan Davies or Peter Kay says something about women and the offside rule or Islam and burka wearing women and the PC brigade get their way because then we'd all better shut up grow fannies.

Edited by Loose

There are two separate points here - one is the neanderthal approach to women (apparently shared by you), and the other is the conspiracy theory that someone was out to get the charming Messrs Gray and Keys. I think there is more than a grain of truth in that!

Horace - Not at all however we all use the sort of expressions Gray and Keys used don't we either at football or down the pub which is purely 'lads mag humour' at the end of the day, haven't you ever asked a mate if they had 'smashed it' in your time, I'm sure you have

There are two separate points here - one is the neanderthal approach to women (apparently shared by you), and the other is the conspiracy theory that someone was out to get the charming Messrs Gray and Keys. I think there is more than a grain of truth in that!

Horace - Not at all however we all use the sort of expressions Gray and Keys used don't we either at football or down the pub which is purely 'lads mag humour' at the end of the day, haven't you ever asked a mate if they had 'smashed it' in your time, I'm sure you have

(a) no, because I have never heard that expression before. I would never refer to a woman as "it".

(B) of course I've used that sort of expression - when I was 20 or so. Times have changed.

Gray has been sacked for the totally inexcusable asking a woman colleague to re-adjust his microphone with hand gestures at his groin area.

Loosely - Yes but it was a giggle and the woman didn't bat an eyelid, she took it with a pinch of salt

Gray has been sacked for the totally inexcusable asking a woman colleague to re-adjust his microphone with hand gestures at his groin area.

Loosely - Yes but it was a giggle and the woman didn't bat an eyelid, she took it with a pinch of salt

Well I already had a low opinion of you and hadn't thought it could get any lower.

Not a giggle but the fact that you think it was says it all about you. I admire that woman for not giving Gray or Keys the gratification of a response and treating him with the contempt he deserved. Just because you don't always get a reaction doesn't mean that your behaviour is ok.

no, because I have never heard that expression before

Horace - So when Cheryl Cole told the likes of Joe McElderry and Cher Lloyd on X Factor that they had smashed it you didn't know the saying had a double meaning then

So who saw Question Time last night, I think Katie Hopkins said it all:

Horace - So when Cheryl Cole told the likes of Joe McElderry and Cher Lloyd on X Factor that they had smashed it you didn't know the saying had a double meaning then

Door handle

Large door handle

But you know I don't watch X Factor!

Bringing this back to topic I have been listening to Southampton v Man United on the radio and was surprised to hear Mark Bright commentating, I thought he had also been banished to the wilderness for some sort of match ticket scam during the World Cup in South Africa

Bringing this back to topic I have been listening to Southampton v Man United on the radio and was surprised to hear Mark Bright commentating, I thought he had also been banished to the wilderness for some sort of match ticket scam during the World Cup in South Africa

Wasn't it Robbie Earle ?

Are you mistaking him for Robbie Earle?

http://www.newsonnews.net/itv/3528-itv-world-cup-commentator-robbie-earle-fired-over-world-cup-ticket-scandal.html