Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rob Haworth

Malcolm S

Haworth is never going to be a huge goalscorer, me thinks (but what do I know??). He just seems to be a yard short of pace, but he is certainly prepared to put himself about and his work rate is excellent. He would be a great foil for a regular goalscorer.

He has taken a few games to find his feet, but has certainly improved, probably partly due to the general team improvement over the last couple of games.

If we sign him, though, would we then be able to bring in a goalscorer beside him, if the opportunity arises?

I agree with John's earlier point. There seems little chance of us recruiting a top quality striker, while crowds remain as they are.

Even if the Liam Hatch money is in the transfer kitty why should the Club take a risk and pay top dollar money for a player?

Like many others, I'm not convinced Rob Haworth will score bags of goals but a) he wins most aerial challanges and gives 110% B) is linking well with Pinnock and c) with the service from the wing (Walshe in particular) he will get goals - its just a question of how many!

In this context Haworth represents value for money whereas some

ex-league striker, with an over-inflated ego and wallet and who probably kicks like a donkey doesn't.

That said I'm not convinced Haworth is a long-term solution to the

goal-scoring problems but if the Club can extend his loan-period it gives him a better chance to show everyone what he can do.

Sad to see Robbie go. Never was a huge scorer with us but provided the height up front which we lack again now that he's gone. Was not getting first team football because we have three strikers, one of whom is prolific and always worked well with the other two and not Rob. It shows how much Hendon have come forward since you got promoted from the Ryman to have our out of favour players signing for Conference clubs.

(by the way you spelt his name wrong on your news page Howarth instead of the proper spelling Haworth) [color:"green"] [/color]