Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v Aveley

One

question

shedboy,

why

do

you

always

put

a

space

between

every

sentence

?

?

?

dance%20%282%29.gif

yeah i have seen him go off after about an hour at horsham and croydon, Alaile will be a decent player when he gets a few more games under his belt. When he came on at Horsham I thought he was a bit shakey, let a few simple balls roll under his foot. He will get better with the more first team games he gets i think.

thought it was a deserved win against a team that made it hard for us and i think would be better if their manager who was a decent player down the orient a few years back stopped acting like a brat and helped his team, also thought hallett had some sublime touches and worked hard we are winning games we wouldnt have last season, just a side note carl griffiths was born in england in oswestry.

Bearing in mind Alaile hardly played for Braintree before we got hold of him, I think he's doing ok. I feel he is learning to adapt to the pace of the Ryman, which you can only do by playing so of course his first few games are going to look a bit nervy.

Last night he made a vital interception in the first half to put a shot out for a corner and once he gets adjusted to his surroundings he'll do a good job for us. Although I have to say he was playing alongside my MoM, John Easterford last night so may have been a bit over shadowed.

This was a very tense game with start to finish, with the importance of winning the match paired with knowing that Aveley aren't a bad side. Our first goal was offside, but the flag stayed down and Danny did brilliantly to keep his composure and find the net. Had Dumas not been blatantly fouled for their goal the ball would never had got through to Sherwin Stanley, but once again, he took his chance superbly. As for the penalty shouts, I thought the referee got them both right. The hands seemed to be up as Danny hit his shot, and I felt the player got the ball when tackling Jason. He got the ball stuck underneath his feet a bit with his first touch, and never got away from the defenders as a result.

I've said this on other platforms, but I do think that we'd have thrown that one away last year. When I watch us play these days I see a fighting spirit and team work that I don't think exisited to this degree in the past two seasons. The players all work tremendously hard for each other, and it really shows in games like this as without it, they would have sneaked an equaliser I reckon. Not only is this the most talented squad we've had for some time, but also the most determined to succeed.

Considering this was Michael Alaile's first start for a long time in a first team match I thought he did okay, but there was a bit of rustiness there. A few decisions whether to go to the ball or hold his position weren't judged well, but as others have said, he also did make some crucial tackles and interceptions. Having not played for quite a while due to Braintree flying so high it would be naive to think that he would be at his top form immediately, and the only way he will get back to it is by playing games. He's undoubtedly a good player due to the fact that was an integral part of the Aveley side that finished 3rd last season, and if he gets a run of games we could really benefit from having him around.

As for the support, what can I say - superb!! That is what matches under the floodlights at The Brockwell need to be like! I've said it before and I'll say it again, when we're in top form we have the loudest fans in this division, and the noise coming out of the shed was immense! The banter was fantastic throughout, and Carl Griffiths must have expected to take a bit of stick! Fair play to him though, he's one of those manager's who I hate when he's in the opposition dugout, but if he was our manager we'd see him as passionate and enthusiastic, and like him even more for it. As for being born in England, having chosen to play for Wales at U21 level and in the B side, he has made his sheepskin bed and now he has to lie in it!!

At the end of the game when the players came over you could see what a massive win this was. I really sensed, for the first time perhaps, a feeling of belief from the players and the Yellow Army that we can get in the playoffs this season. Going forward we need to turn every match into a cup final by cranking up the volume and the players keep giving 110%. Tonbridge and Sutton in our next two games will be tough, but we shouldn't fear anybody and I believe we can take 4 points from these two games.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!

Edited by The Great Eckscape