Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 21/22/23/24 March

Wednesday 23 March

Premier Division

2 3 Kentish Town v Kingsbury London Tigers

A report on this one from another's Forum, don't worry that's all I'm saying:

Kentish Town 2-3 Kingsbury London Tigers

Admission £5, programme £1, att: 31 (official) 15(hc)

I won't bore you with my car journey, safe to say my 147 mile journey to this ground was probably less exciting than Runwell's Frank Spencer experiences he keeps coming up with.

When I got here I had one of those "why do I do this" moments, a nice big stadium and a friendly reception from the gate man. However, the rest has the usual athletics/leisure centre feel about it and no-one was here! The stadium is good as athletics ones go though and the view from the main stand is decent if a little distant.

Decent game and enjoyable company with the steveb that does not post on this forum but does read it.

As for the future of Copthall Stadium, the locals will be fighting Saracens plans as they did Barnet's in the past. So no rush to get this done yet.....

Kentish Town have bought a new plot of lad with a youth club and plan on building a new ground there but that is sometime in the future. Not sure how they can afford it on such meagre support.

With 2 cup semi's looming Padbury may nit have taken up the offer even if asked.

But you've got 25 league goals Stefan Tracey from Tottenhoe, Risborough with the best defence in the league, even Tring have some useful players so am sure even without ours and Aston Clintons inclusion a better side could have been picked

That could well be the case. I think It would definitely be alot closer if the SSML side had contained some Padbury & Aston Clinton players.

With 2 cup semi's looming Padbury may nit have taken up the offer even if asked.

But you've got 25 league goals Stefan Tracey from Tottenhoe, Risborough with the best defence in the league, even Tring have some useful players so am sure even without ours and Aston Clintons inclusion a better side could have been picked

I would be interested to see what the line up actually was. Is there any way someone can find out?

even Tring have some useful players

Ref Off Ref - What an admission to make!

Also, Padbury will clearly be in Div 1 next season, and therefore, their players will be ineligible for the rep side!!!

Horace - That's a very valid point, fair play, unless Padbury's groundshare at Ford Meadow falls through for whatever reason

You must stop adding your barbed comments!

Just thought I'd post as this seems like a load of old tosh, shouldn't the whole thing be the best i.e. best Manager, coaches and players? Whether people like it or not the majority of that would come from Padbury this season, and without being biased certainly a few from us! However I'm sure they like us are glad not to be included we've had enough injuries without releasing players to play in a pointless game especially since the run in is going to be tough (tougher than we would have liked because of some inexplicably poor results especially early season), Padbury of course are in a much stronger position having been incredibly consistent from Pre-season right through but I'm sure they would still rather not risk any injuries as they are competing on all fronts and look a good bet to win everything they are in and that is a far greater reward than being picked for a step 7 rep side. Just for the record that Tracey has not got a sniff against us....yet!

;-) Looking forward to the semi-final and final game of the season, I'm sure there will be a guard of honour and there will defo be a BBQ and a good few jars after, well providing we finish high enough to go up of course!

Just thought I'd post as this seems like a load of old tosh, shouldn't the whole thing be the best i.e. best Manager, coaches and players? Whether people like it or not the majority of that would come from Padbury this season, and without being biased certainly a few from us! However I'm sure they like us are glad not to be included we've had enough injuries without releasing players to play in a pointless game especially since the run in is going to be tough (tougher than we would have liked because of some inexplicably poor results especially early season), Padbury of course are in a much stronger position having been incredibly consistent from Pre-season right through but I'm sure they would still rather not risk any injuries as they are competing on all fronts and look a good bet to win everything they are in and that is a far greater reward than being picked for a step 7 rep side. Just for the record that Tracey has not got a sniff against us....yet!

;-) Looking forward to the semi-final and final game of the season, I'm sure there will be a guard of honour and there will defo be a BBQ and a good few jars after, well providing we finish high enough to go up of course!

You will be up there mate. Cracking game the other night - you killed us off quite well in the end I thought. Those couple of chances we missed at 2-1 proved costly.

I would be interested to see what the line up actually was. Is there any way someone can find out?

The Doog Is King - Weren't Tring Corinthians contacted either then, perhaps it was the entire 61 FC side that played last night

wow someone who speaks sense on hear . how you doing mate ? and well done this season i said it the day we played you and still say it you are one of the best sides this season by far the most organised . look forward to the 30th of april as its my birthday then as well so defo a few beers lol

wow someone who speaks sense on hear . how you doing mate ? and well done this season i said it the day we played you and still say it you are one of the best sides this season by far the most organised . look forward to the 30th of april as its my birthday then as well so defo a few beers lol

I'll hope you'll understand me saying that we won't be looking to give you a birthday present on the pitch I expect another quality game with no quarter asked and none given, afterwards though bevvies all round. This season has been a funny one unlike you guys we didn't carry our preseason form into the beginning of the season and you lot have been relentless so its been a hard game of catch up didn't help losing Phil Martin 1st game then lost our goalkeeper to Conference North and captain to Southern League, hoping to get both back next year but can't begrudge the lads for bettering themselves and getting paid to do it. But we've got a good young manager and a good crop of young players with some more to come if promotion is achieved and more importantly the craic has been restored well and truly down at The Gate!!! But you'll be worthy winners (but not of the league cup I hope as it would be great for our lads to bring back some silverware and deserved for all their hardwork!) hopefully we can nail 2nd and then renew the rivalry with you in Div 1 and beyond! Good luck against Letchworth any news were final is? it was Northwood season we won it, then year we blew it in semis it was at Stevenage Borough!!! Gutted!!

I'll hope you'll understand me saying that we won't be looking to give you a birthday present on the pitch I expect another quality game with no quarter asked and none given, afterwards though bevvies all round. This season has been a funny one unlike you guys we didn't carry our preseason form into the beginning of the season and you lot have been relentless so its been a hard game of catch up didn't help losing Phil Martin 1st game then lost our goalkeeper to Conference North and captain to Southern League, hoping to get both back next year but can't begrudge the lads for bettering themselves and getting paid to do it. But we've got a good young manager and a good crop of young players with some more to come if promotion is achieved and more importantly the craic has been restored well and truly down at The Gate!!! But you'll be worthy winners (but not of the league cup I hope as it would be great for our lads to bring back some silverware and deserved for all their hardwork!) hopefully we can nail 2nd and then renew the rivalry with you in Div 1 and beyond! Good luck against Letchworth any news were final is? it was Northwood season we won it, then year we blew it in semis it was at Stevenage Borough!!! Gutted!!

well lets hope we have won it by the 30th april then we will just be making numbers up and we can give some of the young lads a run out . and when we won that cup last season it was at the herts county ground . see you at the semi mate that will be a great day

You will be up there mate. Cracking game the other night - you killed us off quite well in the end I thought. Those couple of chances we missed at 2-1 proved costly.

I hope so, it was a good game we started sluggishly and you looked brighter and I thought you were a better side than when we lost to you earlier in the season. We were really disappointed with the errors that led to the 2 goals and I feared the worst but we stuck at it had a bit of luck and Phil hit his 2nd hat trick in two games if only he'd been fit all season. I think and hope you will take points off the sides around us on the run in, judging by a lot of the game i'm sure you will.

well lets hope we have won it by the 30th april then we will just be making numbers up and we can give some of the young lads a run out . and when we won that cup last season it was at the herts county ground . see you at the semi mate that will be a great day

Dead on fella! Looking forward to it

Wednesday 23 March

Division One

1 1 Wodson Park v Hoddesdon Town

A report on this one from last night:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Sport/Hoddesdon-and-Wodson-share-spoils-amid-late-drama.htm

SYD so your another 1 who thinks we are going to be reletaged like lots of others on here earlier in the season overall we havent done too bad being our 1st full season with the young squad weve had this year to have 3 points after out first 13 games and not winning a midweek game all season was terrible but since then weve picked up 23 points in 21 games mid table form some of the younger players have improved along the way and will be better next season along with a few experienced additions that are coming things are not too bad if you see the whole picture.

No it's ok Special One. I'm just joshing. I know hard it is to manage a side in these times so I won't be personal or have nasty digs. A bit of banter maybe, but I won't be nasty. Good luck for the rest of the season & glad to see youngsters being given a chance.

Thursday 24 March

Division One

Kings Langley v Sun Postal Sports

What was the score of tonight's game at Kings Langley as it's not on Football Mitoo as yet (11.00pm)