Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Match Based Discipline

From the start of the 2011-2012 all suspensions will be match based. (no more day suspensions)

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Disciplinary/FADisciplineHandbook1112.ashx/FADisciplineHandbook1112.pdf

What do the people involved in Clubs think?

This could stop promising youth players being stopped playing youth football if they are playing in the senior teams, res or 1st. As the Youth are still on days that count against all football.

It's about time, should've been done years ago. Not that it's ever really affected me, I've only had two one week suspensions in 18 years of Spartan footie.

The difference is you can now play a match in Sunday league, midweek league (or vets league) if faced with a 3 match ban form a Saturday league

The two Vets sides I play for aren't in affiliated leagues so that's not a problem, except for the County Cups of course.

The two Vets sides I play for aren't in affiliated leagues so that's not a problem, except for the County Cups of course.

I think it's great news for club secretaries and managers that Sunday playing suspensions will no longer affect Saturday sides. Sunday injuries however still affect Saturday sides!!

Of course the plague of sine die suspensions for owing money to folded Sunday sides will continue. This seems to be what catches out most Saturday clubs.

From what I am lead to believe it will still affect the saturday clubs, the player will be suspended from all football until he misses the relevant amount of Sunday games for the team he aquired the suspension with. This has been the case the other way round as well for the last couple of seasons, I.e A player gets a 3 match ban starting in 21 days for a SSML club, Once that suspension starts he cannot play any football until he misses 3 qualifying games for the SSML club.

I stand to be corrected but that is the way I have always understood it

From what I am lead to believe it will still affect the saturday clubs, the player will be suspended from all football until he misses the relevant amount of Sunday games for the team he aquired the suspension with. This has been the case the other way round as well for the last couple of seasons, I.e A player gets a 3 match ban starting in 21 days for a SSML club, Once that suspension starts he cannot play any football until he misses 3 qualifying games for the SSML club.

I stand to be corrected but that is the way I have always understood it

Not so from next season Adie. This was confirmed a the Herts FA A.G.M. last night.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there's an interesting summary on your cohorts Website, Kentish Town's players will be over the moon as they can now play in the Islington Midweek League at Market Road even if they're faced with a three match ban form the SSML:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/

Yes, there's an interesting summary on your cohorts Website, Kentish Town's players will be over the moon as they can now play in the Islington Midweek League at Market Road even if they're faced with a three match ban form the SSML:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/

I think it's a much fairer system for the players though Club Secretaries lower down my find the admin side of it a bit complicated.