Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players leaving ?

Dilbert

Not too surprised that Cous decided to go all things being considered but Flanners was a bit more of a shock. Looks like Div 1 North teams can offer more than us.

Hardly bodes well for our top five push this season!

Not concerned if either has moved on. Both competent enough, but if we have serious intentions of getting out of this league then we need better. If we've managed to keep hold of Patterson then his inclusion at left back would be a major boost.

I wanted to put a brief email on the fans forum saying thank you for welcoming me into the club last season. I fully thought I would be at BTFC player next season and that I could have ended my playing career at my local team. However hasn't been made possible because of factors out of my control. I could go into the details why I have been forced to move on but I do not believe in washing ones dirty laundry in public as I do not think it would benefit anyone especially the club.

I do not feel the annoucement on the official website paints a true reflection to the whole story and why I have left and the quote referring to texts 'which I still have' to be a defensive comment which I would expect from my little boy trying to get himself out of trouble not from a grown man and the manager of Billericay FC. At the end of the day I think the main problem is that mine and Craig personalities classed.....He has a way of management that has bought him success in the past that I do not particularly agree with in this day and age. We got on last season even though there were some heated moments. I was prepared to give it a go again but one or two things happened which tipped me over the edge and I decided to move on. Last week I was fuming with Craig and the club as probably was Craig with me but I have moved on now and am looking forward to a new challenge at Maldon with Cous. I genuinely wish Craig and the club all the very best for next season and hope it is even more successful that this season.

I live in Billericay and will still come to watch Billericay with my son as its my local club. BTFC has some lovely people associated with it and I hope to catch up and share a drink with these people on my next visit to New Lodge.

Up the ricay.

Flan

Good on ya Flaners (if it is you) Always two sides to a story and nice to see your side posted on "The Fan's Forum"

Best of luck to both you and Cous. applaus.gif

Adam, It's a shame you have posted this, because it has to be replied to. Your very first text, which I will quote from below, was forwarded to me immediately it was received, Craig and I discussed it before he replied, which he also copied me in on. TBH honest Flanners, I said to Craig that I read your text as an excuse to leave, and I thought you had already done the deal. Craig disagreed and was defensive of you and was thought you were just "trying it on"

you wrote;

" I don't want to put any pressure on you, but I need to know today really?" I have had a few phone calls but I am always loyal to my existing gaffa's. I want to stay at billericay and think last years achievements deserve an increase. I would like 20 quid week rise"

Craig then asked you by text to wait, and you replied.

" If I was younger I would happily wait but I have a family to support and need to tie something down while I'm getting good offers"

Craig then telephoned you and said doing this by text is silly, he said he would speak to me, and asked you to meet with him when he got back. you agreed.

Adam, it matters not, you were offered more money and you wanted to leave. It's no big deal. There's nothing wrong with that!

But don't go on about personalities, style, and being forced out, because that's all rubbish. You wanted to leave, so we found a replacement.

Anyway, good luck at Maldon and we'll see you pre season.