Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spartan South Midland Football League Constitution for 2011/12

Premier Division

AFC Dunstable - Promoted from Division One

Aylesbury United

Berkhamsted - Promoted from Division One

Biggleswade United

Broxbourne Borough V & E

Colney Heath

Dunstable Town

Hadley

Hanwell Town

Harefield United

Haringey Borough

Hatfield Town

Hertford Town

Hillingdon Borough

Holmer Green

Leverstock Green

London Tigers

Oxhey Jets

Royston Town

St Margaretsbury

Stotfold

Tring Athletic

Division One

Amersham Town

Ampthill Town

Bedford

Buckingham Athletic

Chesham United Reserves - New Team

Cockfosters

Cranfield United

Crawley Green

Harpenden Town

Hoddesdon Town

Kentish Town - Relegated from Premier Division

Kings Langley

Langford - Relegated from Premier Division

London Colney

London Lions

New Bradwell St Peter

Stony Stratford Town

St Albans City Reserves

Sun Postal Sports

Tokyngton Manor - Membership Previously Suspended

Welwyn Garden City

Wodson Park

Division Two

Aston Clinton

Bletchley Town

Caddington

Hale Leys United - New Team

Kent Athletic

Milton Keynes (MK) City - New Team

Milton Keynes (MK) Wanderers

Mursley United

Old Bradwell United

Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Risborough Rangers

The 61 FC (Luton)

Totternhoe

Tring Corinthians

Winslow United

Also

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

1. AFC Dunstable

2. Cockfosters

3. Hadley

4 Hatfield Town

5. Hoddesdon Town

6. Holmer Green

7. Kings Langley

8. Langford

9. London Colney

10. Oxhey Jets

11. Risborough Rangers (promoted from Division Two)

12. Royston Town

13. St Margaretsbury

14. Stotfold

15. The 61 FC (promoted from Division Two)

16. Wodson Park

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

1. Ampthill Town (relegated from Division One)

2. Buckingham Athletic

3. Crawley Green (relegated from Division One)

4. Harpenden Town (new team)

5. Kent Athletic

6. London Lions

7. New Bradwell St Peter

8. Old Bradwell United

9. Stony Stratford Town

10 Sun Postal Sports

11. Totternhoe

12. Tring Corinthians

13. Welwyn Garden City

14. Winslow United (new team)

Pretty disgusted that Stony Stratford Town sit in Div 1. Awful decision. Although, can't say I am surprised.

Disgusted you may be, but the decision was made by the MEMBER CLUBS, after Winslow had had the opportunity to say why they should be promoted from 4th place at the expense of Stony. The League did not have to permit this vote, but they gave Winslow a chance! The clubs didn't go for it though.

Pretty disgusted that Stony Stratford Town sit in Div 1. Awful decision. Although, can't say I am surprised.

Disgusted you may be, but the decision was made by the MEMBER CLUBS, after Winslow had had the opportunity to say why they should be promoted from 4th place at the expense of Stony. The League did not have to permit this vote, but they gave Winslow a chance! The clubs didn't go for it though.

Easier 6 points I should imagine.

I understood that we didn't actually make a "pitch" and the Chairman was upset about. I heard that the league basically said Stony were stating up and thats it. If we had I'm sure we would have outlined the strength of our squad and the fact that we would have been very competitive, our short/mid and long term plans for the ground to get up to Prem standard, our youth set up and development etc... Stony could win the league (but with players from Bucks student union who struggled in div 2! I doubt it) but get relegated next year on facilities, so I ask you what was the point? Whats done is done and as you say the members didn't go for it or I believe a vote against Tik Tok I guess 4 easy games was too good an opportunity to pass up rather than voting in a side who would be right in the mix. In the end we cant blame anyone but ourselves for a poor start and two poor results at the end, we finished 4th and out of promotion places, and as you say they didnt have to give a vote, however as a NON official I feel that as a club run in the right way with the correct things in place we would have been better equipped and placed than either Stony or the ridiculous Tik Tok playing at Amersham. I wonder if that might be some severe egg on face if that doesn't work out.

or the ridiculous Tik Tok playing at Amersham. I wonder if that might be some severe egg on face if that doesn't work out.

Winslow Boy - I take it that Winslow United were one of the thirty member Club's who voted against Tokyngton Manor's membership last Saturday

You are then suggesting that stony is not equipped and not run well?

I hear they have a new chairman new manager and a new set up totally including plans to build .

I'm afraid winslows ground still resembles a park with swings.

I'm suggesting the changing rooms are a joke and about a mile from the pitch, our facilities are decent and will be improving all the time. Yes there is a public park behind the ground with wings, is this where you hang out?

or the ridiculous Tik Tok playing at Amersham. I wonder if that might be some severe egg on face if that doesn't work out.

Winslow Boy - I take it that Winslow United were one of the thirty member Club's who voted against Tokyngton Manor's membership last Saturday

dont know if we were allowed to vote

Stony will be alot stronger next season

Well you would know better than I would mate, would have thought though they would struggle to attract players seems as though Cranfield and yourselves will get the pick

I hear they have a new chairman new manager and a new set up totally including plans to build .

As I live in Stony I would like to think I know the area pretty well, in all honesty the town as a whole isn't behind the team!!

Plans to build? Are these the same plans that have been pinned up on the notice board in the club since the 1930's?!!

I would like nothing better than for Stony to have a great side with a great playing facility unfortunately knowing who and what I know I just don't and can't see it!!

Edited by footballnut08

Can't comment on chairman/manager.....

But, build where?

Are they putting the changing rooms on 50ft stilts next to the pitch? Or are they also giving out free swimming lessons?

You're looking at a major overhaul of all the facilities. Why would you invest so much?

I think stony might suppress a few mate next season

The problem is mate they could have the greatest side in the ssmfl but they will never have the facilities to match and because of that will be prime candidates for relegation regardless of where they finish. Good luck next season mate to you and the lads.

I understood that we didn't actually make a "pitch" and the Chairman was upset about. I heard that the league basically said Stony were stating up and thats it. If we had I'm sure we would have outlined the strength of our squad and the fact that we would have been very competitive, our short/mid and long term plans for the ground to get up to Prem standard, our youth set up and development etc... Stony could win the league (but with players from Bucks student union who struggled in div 2! I doubt it) but get relegated next year on facilities, so I ask you what was the point? Whats done is done and as you say the members didn't go for it or I believe a vote against Tik Tok I guess 4 easy games was too good an opportunity to pass up rather than voting in a side who would be right in the mix. In the end we cant blame anyone but ourselves for a poor start and two poor results at the end, we finished 4th and out of promotion places, and as you say they didnt have to give a vote, however as a NON official I feel that as a club run in the right way with the correct things in place we would have been better equipped and placed than either Stony or the ridiculous Tik Tok playing at Amersham. I wonder if that might be some severe egg on face if that doesn't work out.

Winslow Boy - You heard wrong! Winslow were allowed to make a pitch, and did. In the end, I think that the majority of clubs could see that justice was best served by following the rules and reprieving the relegated club!

Winslow Boy - You heard wrong! Winslow were allowed to make a pitch, and did. In the end, I think that the majority of clubs could see that justice was best served by following the rules and reprieving the relegated club!

...."justice"?? interesting.... What was said in the "pitch"?

Justice may have been better served by relegating teams not able to muster up much beyond 20 points and not having required facilities (league rules) and running div 2 with two extra sides??? Also not allowing a side that had a year to get their house in order and failed back into the div groundsharing a ludicrous distance away from their "community"

Edited by Winslow Boy

Justice may have been better served by relegating teams not able to muster up much beyond 20 points and not having required facilities (league rules) and running div 2 with two extra sides??? Also not allowing a side that had a year to get their house in order and failed back into the div groundsharing a ludicrous distance away from their "community"

The club that have moved 25 miles from their "community" were also exposed to a vote - and a substantial minority of clubs voted against them. But not enough to relegate them. Clearly their re-appearance was not popular and I suspect that if the vote had been just amongst Div 1 sides they'd be in Div 2 now!

The club that have moved 25 miles from their "community" were also exposed to a vote - and a substantial minority of clubs voted against them. But not enough to relegate them. Clearly their re-appearance was not popular and I suspect that if the vote had been just amongst Div 1 sides they'd be in Div 2 now!

Yeah I was told there was a vote on that too. We are bitterly disappointed with the outcome and the fact we didn't have it in our hands as we should have done. I think the club should be considering UCL and Hellenic as well now, we hope to place in promotion spots this time and take it from there.