Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bowers

bowers 2- 5 basildon

very tense start to the game as neither side wanted to give any cheap goals away, this backfired as it was end to end for the first 20 mins with neither side taking charge and so many defensive mistakes made it almost impossible not to score. basilon lead 0.2 at half time and looked good in all fairness, but the bowers team talk must have worked as within 10 mins of the restart it was 2.2 with bowers looking the stronger, after basildon got a breakaway goal to make it 2.3 the game was over an it looked bowers had run out of steam and basildon really took the game forward and made bowers pay, without doubt the 433 payed by basildon was the major factor as bowers could not get to grips with this formation, all credit to basildon and very sad news that colin cook has left the club this morning,

p.s i have personally known colin for around 4 years now and he is a good friend, i hope to see him back in the game sooner rather then later take care bbb

If true then it was very honourable of Cookie to fall on his sword, though I would not be at all surprised if he is back in the Bowers dugout this weekend.

Good luck Col, all the best in whatever you decide to do next.

I think this is a paticularly poor decision from Bowers. Did he jump or was he pushed? Apparently the manager has been shafted by his number 2 who has now replaced him. I am really disappointed. Over the years the Bowers name has been dragged through the mud and this is yet another thing to add to that list. I won't be parting with anymore of my hard earned money with the club and have now switched allegience to Basildon Utd who are now my favourite ESL team. Come on the bees!

Surprised that after 2 defeats the 1st team manager stands down and his number 2 takes over.Normally the rest of the staff should take the blame as well and going.It's only a matter of time anyway.That club deserves something better.

They have a run of games coming up - number two wont be in charge too long.

Putting your name in the hat for the job Coachy?

now i have to sort out my health.Just back from hospital and I will have to go back for a keyhole surgery on my prostate in a few weeks time.never say never JJ.

now i have to sort out my health.Just back from hospital and I will have to go back for a keyhole surgery on my prostate in a few weeks time.never say never JJ.

Sorry to hear that Rico, hope everything goes OK mate.

Sorry to hear that Rico, hope everything goes OK mate.

Ditto

Ditto...quick recovery Coachie.

Sure you will be ranting and shouting in that crazy half English half Italian accent in no time.

See you later in the season

I have been struggling for the last 5-6 months and last week the Urology doctor said he was life threatening wanted me to be admitted at the hospital straight away.I looked at him and said:No it's short notice and I have a Cup final and a Saturdays game.I can come either Sunday morning or Wednesday morning!!!He looked at me like I was a nutter!!He called me the following Friday morning and said he didn't want to call the police but I should have come in asap to drain the bladder and put a catheter in to relieve pressure on the kidneys.I went to AE on Sunday and after 11 hours wait I got a bed at 10.45 pm!!!Due to this delay I had to miss the Barking game and losing the consecutive games streak!!lol I have just got back yesterday afternoon and no worry pee bag or not I won't miss the FA Cup game!!!