Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup

I would like to wish all the best to the ESL sides involved in the FA Cup at the week-end. Although the fixtures given involve some fratricide ties,my hope is to see as many ESL sides reaching the next round.Keep that flag up lads and f.u.c.k. the V Festival!!

I would like to wish all the best to the ESL sides involved in the FA Cup at the week-end. Although the fixtures given involve some fratricide ties,my hope is to see as many ESL sides reaching the next round.Keep that flag up lads and f.u.c.k. the V Festival!!

Hullbridge 1 v Royston 3..........bloody V Festival

to be honest mate today we had an odd assortment of 12 players(yes one sub).we were really down to bare bones but I'm not disappointed with the lads that turned up today.we were 1-0 up at half-time against a side that is tipped to be one of promotion hopefuls and always finish in the top 5 in the Spartan South Midlands.We knew last 2 weeks would have been tough. Too many players away and injured and we played 7 games in 14 days which took a toll on our squad.We'll bounce back and frankly teams at our level are lucky to get through one let alone 2 rounds in the FA Cup so don't really matter.I have still got their manager words in my ears at half-time when I went to toilet and he told them that they were playing against a depleted team with one sub and losing 1-0.

For the record Royston were without 6 first team players as well . Second half could have scored at least another 4 or 5 goals hitting woodwork 3 times !!

Edited by The Watchfull Listener

you still had 5 subs i noticed....and 6 ain't 14!!!Would like to know your budget as well judging by the posh coach you came with.no flipping excuses mate you played an odd assortment of Hullbridge players today.Did you notice how many different names from the ones in the match programme?We played players that have only seen our first team shirts on a postcard!lYou gotta believe me,that's how bad it was!

I didn't say that Royston didn't deserve to win.I was surprised they were 1-0 down at half-time against the side we were forced to put out today.Frankly against our full first team you would have struggled.What has got to do with the budget?You give me the money they have available every week and I'll show ya!!

Coachie don't get involved mate end of the day they r favorites for the Spartan league this season and u done well with a depleted squad mate end of the day if u had a full side then i no it would be closer but it weren't meant to be mate plus we wouldn't mind what there paying this season!

if you were that good at watching football you would have noticed there was only one player warming up at half-time.the second named player had a tear on his hamstring and was only there to make us look we had someone in that dug-out.the third one was going to hospital the same day.Do you understand now?And their manager just got of hospital the day before with a catheter fitted in.now bugger off and count your blessings because you couldn't have had any easier.still your manager was panicking at half-time embarrassed to report to his committee how it comes he was losing to a bunch of players put together at last minute.com.

Knowing the Royston boss as I do & having worked with him at close quarters, I can pretty much confirm & sorry about this but Coachie you are talking Bollox. He is a bit of a perfectionist & expects that from his players. I've seen him b0llock teams that have been 4-0 up at half time before, because standards were dropping. True they may have a budget, but much more than that they have a very strong structure in the club. 3 Saturday sides & a few very good youth teams. So it is possible hecould have been 5 players down, but they have good young quality cover.

The perfectionist cries could be heard by everyone inside those changing rooms...frankly knowing what we had out there on the day(zilch) I wasn't impressed by the perfectionist assemble of Spartan South Midlands top players.Waste of money if you ask me. Although it's only an opinion.We played them twice over last 3 seasons and we lost and won 1-0.Even last time he said he had 5 players missing only for us to rest all our 5 strikers last year against them.Can you ask the perfectionist to send me his weekly cheque please?

no chance Romford will spank them.I hope so I haven't seen Romford but will be interesting...a ryman side with no money apparently against a step 5 side with a decent budget!Recession times!lol

Enrico, firstly and most importantly, I hope your health improves very soon.....on a footballing note, just a question.....I have no doubt you only had 12 fit players on Saturday, however, given the enormity of the game, and notwithstanding the fact that they may not yet be good enough, why did the reserves travel to Barkingside with 14 players...given your enthusiasm to involve youngsters, was taking 1 or 2 of them for the bench not an option. Cheers and get well soon!

Enrico, firstly and most importantly, I hope your health improves very soon.....on a footballing note, just a question.....I have no doubt you only had 12 fit players on Saturday, however, given the enormity of the game, and notwithstanding the fact that they may not yet be good enough, why did the reserves travel to Barkingside with 14 players...given your enthusiasm to involve youngsters, was taking 1 or 2 of them for the bench not an option. Cheers and get well soon!

That's a good point mate.Because I was in hospital I didn't make the phone calls,someone else did.