Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 6/7 September

Some flesh on the bones from last night:

Tuesday 6 September

FA Cup Preliminary Round Replays

0-3 Bethnal Green United v Dunstable Town (at Creasey Park)

1-2 Enfield 1893 v Hatfield Town (aet)

0-2 Harefield United v Staines Lammas

2-2 Hertford Town v Burnham Ramblers (aet, Hertford won 3-2 on pens)

4-2 North Leigh v Aylesbury United

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/

1-0 Oxhey Jets v Great Wakering Rovers

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

Premier Division

3-2 Haringey Borough v Hadley

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=539311&conf=&div=

2-0 Hillingdon Borough v Hanwell Town

1-2 Holmer Green v Tring Athletic

4-1 Leverstock Green v St Margaretsbury

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20110906

1-4 Stotfold v Broxbourne Borough

Division One

1-1 Amersham Town v Tokyngton Manor

0-0 Ampthill Town v Crawley Green

1-2 Buckingham Athletic v Cranfield United

4-2 Chesham United Reserves v Hoddesdon Town

0-0 Cockfosters v Harpenden Town

3-1 London Colney v Langford

P-P New Bradwell St Peter v Bedford

3-2 Stony Stratford Town v Kings Langley

A report on this surprise result last night:

Amersham Town 1-1 Tokyngton Manor

Spartan South Midlands 1st Division

Admission: £3 (inc programme)

Programme: Small, but has the basics

Tea: 60p

Attendance: ~30

Was a revisit for me. It seemed little had changed, though the old building behind the dugouts had lost a bit more of the roof.

Looked a promising game on paper, and turned out to be that way too. Lower scoring than expected, even when watching it. Right from the off this was an interesting game with contrasting styles from both sides. However, the two sides were evenly matched. Overall little to chose between the two, although the nominal visitors, Tokyngton, shaded the first half. Defences generally held firm though neither looked completely comfortable, including a goal disallowed for Tokyngton. Eventually the goal came, Tokyngton tried to be clever with a free kick, it didn't come off but the ball was quickly returned and knocked in.

Soon after the interval they nearly doubled their advantage but the winger could only hit the post. Close efforts for Amersham who managed to hit the woodwork four times within a twenty minute spell following this. All of them saw the keeper well beaten. Not too long after this they did grap a deserved equaliser. Decent saves from both keepers late on as either side could have won this and a late penalty claim turned down for Tokyngton. Plenty of good action here and a good advert for the league, two sides who could be well worth looking out for later this season.

A brief report on this excellent result for Hatfield Town:

FA CUP PRELIMINARY ROUND REPLAY

ENFIELD 1893 [0] 1, Islam [72]

HATFIELD TOWN [0] 2, Welsh [90+1], [96]

[AET]

Admission £6

Programme £1.50

Bacon cheese burger £3

Dr Pepper 80p

Hatfield Town progressed through to the next round thanks to a double strike from Jay Welsh in a 2-1 triumph over Enfield 1893. Islam gave the home team the lead with a overhead kick from close range & just as it looked like Hatfield Town were going out Welsh headed home a last gasp equalizer & then he scored again early in extra time.

A report on this one last night, it would appear that Stony Stratford have turned the corner:

SSML Div 1

Stony Stratford 3-2 Kings Langley

Admission £3. Programme 50p Excellent VFM

Tea: 50p

Wispa Bar 70p

Att: 55

This was an absolute classic. Neither side could defend and Kings Langley's forwards were even worse.

Home side quickly found themselves 2-0 up thanks to 2 smart finishes from quick counter-attacks whilst the visitors forwards.... well lest said the better

Home side increased their lead 5 minutes in the 2nd half with a delicate lob and then relaxed thinking job done.

Kings Langley forwards then missed several chances to pull a goal back until they got one on 70 minutes an own goal after Stony didn't clear it and the ball took a dozen deflections.

shortly after it was squeaky bum time for the hosts as a debated free kick was eventually turned home but somehow they managed to hold on for the points.

Enjoyed the ground, quite a walk from the clubhouse/changing rooms across the cricket pitch to the ground entrance. fully railed off and hard standing behind the dug outs. On the far side is an interesting cover with crash barriers/wooden bench stand. Some of the industrial language the old un's were using was enough to make us youngsters blush and turn red.

Enjoyable pint of brainstorm in the George Inn, High St afterwards.

A report on this one from another’s Forum:

Tuesday 6 September 2011 – FA Cup Preliminary Round Replay – 2-2 at 90 mins, Hertford won 3-2 on pens

Hertford Town (blue & yellow/blue/blue) 2 – 2 Burnham Ramblers (red/red/red) Attendance: 76

I checked the Hertford Town archive on their website to work out when I last saw a match at Hertford Town. I can’t say the memories came flooding back, but I noticed that in December 1968 their FA Amateur Cup tie with Wealdstone went to four replays. I probably attended all five games, two games at Lower Mead, two at Hertford Town and one on a neutral ground. I note penalty kick deciders had not yet been invented, but they were needed in this game. After a 3-3 draw on Saturday, extra time could not separate the teams at 2-2, as Hertford Town won the game 3-2 on penalties. Both teams ran out of puff towards the end and Hertford Town second equaliser was comical, as a close range header looped 20 feet in the air, but landed behind the goal-line. Oh, by the way, Wealdstone won the fifth game.

Man of the Match: Le Roberts (Hertford Town)

I will be at Hillingdon Borough to cheer the Town on!

What is going on at Hanwell? Always had a soft soft spot for them.......

I dont know whats going on to be honest and im starting to get a bit worried now. We were out classed last night from start to finish its as simple as that. Some of our players are not good enough and some players dont look up for it when the going gets tough. I do feel we need a big man up front to hold the ball up and win the ball for Blaise O'Brien to run on to and we need a whole new defence to be honest apart from a keeper both keepers have done ok for us this season. We gave the ball away so much last night it was a joke.

I must just say what a friendly club Hillingdon Borough are.

Wednesday 7th September Results

Premier Division

3-0 AFC Dunstable v Biggleswade United (Attendance 74)

Massey (44m), Billy (76m), Hayward (86m)

Division One

0-4 Kentish Town v St Albans City Reserves (Attendance 31)

Quattromini (20m), Nicolas (44m), Alebiosu (62m), Humbert (79m)

4-0 London Lions v Sun Postal Sports (Attendance 32)

Hakim (30m), Summers (63m), Marks (71m), Lewis (80m)

3-1 Welwyn Garden City v Wodson Park (Attendance 46)

(H) Stellon (22m), Nymm (31m), Chang (87m) : (A) Whackers (87m)

I dont know whats going on to be honest and im starting to get a bit worried now. We were out classed last night from start to finish its as simple as that. Some of our players are not good enough and some players dont look up for it when the going gets tough. I do feel we need a big man up front to hold the ball up and win the ball for Blaise O'Brien to run on to and we need a whole new defence to be honest apart from a keeper both keepers have done ok for us this season. We gave the ball away so much last night it was a joke.

i must say your unbiased views are a breath of fresh air.......hope your season improves soon!

Division One

0-4 Kentish Town v St Albans City Reserves

Quattromini (20m)

That must have been a satisfying goal against his old Club who treated him like dirt, I wonder if he celebrated like Emmanuel Adebayor or Gary Neville

Division One

0-4 Kentish Town v St Albans City Reserves

Quattromini (20m)

That must have been a satisfying goal against his old Club who treated him like dirt, I wonder if he celebrated like Emmanuel Adebayor or Gary Neville

Oh! I can taste the bile from here! Get over it Cliff!

A brief report on the rout last night from St Albans City’s website:

http://www.sacfc.co.uk/index.php/news/-latest-reserve-news/1655-kentish-town-0-st-albans-city-reserves-4.html

Division One

3-1 Welwyn Garden City v Wodson Park (Attendance 46)

(H) Stellon (22m), Nymm (31m), Chang (87m) : (A) Whackers (87m)

A press report on this affair from Wednesday evening:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Sport/More-woe-on-the-road-for-Wodson-08092011.htm

i must say your unbiased views are a breath of fresh air.......hope your season improves soon!

:484: