Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

27 years of hurt

Since Stansted won the FA Vase against Stamford in 1983-84.Some teams got close like Canvey Island in 1993(semi),Basildon 1995(q/final) and more recently Concord but it seems like for the ESL sides the Vase final has become just a dream.Will this year be the one when an ESL team will break the curse and reach the final?

i cant think of a good team in the esl. watching sunday league and the esl i dont see much of a difference

FA Vase First Qualifying Round

2-0 Barking v Crawley Green

4-3* Bowers & Pitsea v Hertford Town

2-3* Broxbourne Borough v Burnham Ramblers

2-6 Cranfield United v Haringey & Waltham Development

2-3 Hatfield Town v Sporting Bengal United

2-1 Hullbridge Sports v Colney Heath

5-4* Sawbridgeworth Town v Wodson Park

2-0 Takeley v Cockfosters

ESL Sunday League beat Spartan South Midlands 8-0 :rolleyes:

Let's be honest here, I think that the standard of the ESL has dropped from what it was 4/5 years ago. That's not necessarily the leagues fault as losing clubs like Hornchurch, Waltham Forest, Brentwood & Concord would affect alot of Step 5 leagues. Apart from Witham, there hasn't been alot of traffic coming the other way. But to compare it to Sunday football is way off the mark.

Either OS is wind-up merchant who should be ignored or Footballing F**kwit who should be ignored !!!

No he wasn't good enough for the ESL and ended up being kicked of every single club on this land.Just ignore him,he will fade slowly.

Let's be honest here, I think that the standard of the ESL has dropped from what it was 4/5 years ago. That's not necessarily the leagues fault as losing clubs like Hornchurch, Waltham Forest, Brentwood & Concord would affect alot of Step 5 leagues.

Erm.... we were never in the Senior League!

I think he meant Waltham Abbey.

I did, sorry the old brain gets a bit confused at times. Although Waltham Forest are probably one of the clubs that should have come the other way. The way Harlow Town got a reprieve aswell was wrong as well.

bitter? i think youll find you have got the wrong guy again! that was just an honest opinion. but of course the coach is ALWAYS right hence why your still in the esl

You really can't get over it can you? Listen at the time I was honest with you and I did tell you were not good enough as a player.Why you keep going on?Move on son.Bitterness can kill ya!!

do you know how stupid you look right now im not who you think you are. i could come up and say hello to you and you wouldnt know who i am! and harlow town didnt deserve the reprieve but the facilities of other clubs arent good enough. lets face it most grounds in the esl are very poor!

Edited by outside source