Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Can Guernsey be stopped ?

vrfc196

This Question goes out to players/ Managers/ Assistant Managers/ Chairmen/ anyone who has come up against them.

Simpley can they be stopped in the CCL1, i have watched them over here and twice at Footes Lane Stadium, now they have played against a number of clubs what is your verdict ?

Strength in depth, stamina, vision, skill, movement, ability they seem to have it all.

I'm sorry cause every thread seems to be about them but like it or not they are the main talking point in this league.

At Eversley when we played them third game of season. We had on paper the strongest team we have ever put out since being in this league.

Very close game and gutted not to have gotten something from it as we matched them for work rate and in the end both teams had a late chance with scully missing a 6 yarder then allen making no mistake for them.

Watched them 3 times now and I think they will win league because cant see many teams taking points off them because they have massive back up to first 11 which other teams dont have so cant cope with and drop silly points but we won't give up till it's impossible. If teams can stay in touch with them till christmas then see how they cope with the pressure.

At Eversley when we played them third game of season. We had on paper the strongest team we have ever put out since being in this league.

Very close game and gutted not to have gotten something from it as we matched them for work rate and in the end both teams had a late chance with scully missing a 6 yarder then allen making no mistake for them.

Watched them 3 times now and I think they will win league because cant see many teams taking points off them because they have massive back up to first 11 which other teams dont have so cant cope with and drop silly points but we won't give up till it's impossible. If teams can stay in touch with them till christmas then see how they cope with the pressure.

What when they have their winter break, followed by a nice easy home run in? Bit late then ;)

I havent posted for ages but have followed all the gossip and not retired as suggested/hoped by some. I can name a team that would beat the Guernsey side that started and won on Saturday and here it is.

GK Paul De Garis

RB Joby Bourgaize*

CB Alex Le Prevost

CB Paul Dodd*

LF Ollie McKenzie*

CM Ben Coulter*

CM Matt Warren

RM Craig Young

LM Glyn Dyer*

CF Dave Rihoy*

CF Simon Tostevin

Bench: Mark McGrath, Paul Page, Nigel Hutton, Rhys Gower, Simon Geall, Rhys Jordan

I dont know if all of these players are signed on for GFC but I can tell you this team could beat the current GFC side. They are all either used from the bench, injured or are not currently making themselves available for GFC. The starred players (there are 6 of them), in my opinion, would be in the best Guernsey side if they were available. So, in my opinion, at this time we are only fielding half of our best team and I must admit we seem to be getting stronger and better the more we play together.

Can anyone comment on how AFC Wimbledon were doing in this league? Were they beating sides by the same margin as GFC or more?

Edited by Guernsey Guru

I havent posted for ages but have followed all the gossip and not retired as suggested/hoped by some. I can name a team that would beat the Guernsey side that started and won on Saturday and here it is.

GK Paul De Garis

RB Joby Bourgaize*

CB Alex Le Prevost

CB Paul Dodd*

LF Ollie McKenzie*

CM Ben Coulter*

CM Matt Warren

RM Craig Young

LM Glyn Dyer*

CF Dave Rihoy*

CF Simon Tostevin

Bench: Mark McGrath, Paul Page, Nigel Hutton, Rhys Gower, Simon Geall, Rhys Jordan

I dont know if all of these players are signed on for GFC but I can tell you this team could beat the current GFC side. They are all either used from the bench, injured or are not currently making themselves available for GFC. The starred players (there are 6 of them), in my opinion, would be in the best Guernsey side if they were available. So, in my opinion, at this time we are only fielding half of our best team and I must admit we seem to be getting stronger and better the more we play together.

Can anyone comment on how AFC Wimbledon were doing in this league? Were they beating sides by the same margin as GFC or more?

AFC started in the Prem of CCL

Afc Wimbledon went straight into the premier division finished 3rd and lost 7 games out of 46 in there 1st season, in there 2nd season they won 42 and drew 4 and started there climb up the leagues

Can anyone tell me if they have played against both (AFC Wimbledon / GFC) and what thier thoughts are on both ? Spencer have you ?

they didn't win the league first time around they did it in thier second season so just beware it won't always be quite so easy,they beat teams quite easily at times but were also beaten as well,I was player/manager at Farnham and we lost 4 1 in front of 5000 people and it was a great experience we actually took the lead but the 5000 strong crowd soon wore the Ref down.

I played against afc and knew the manager and a few of the players from my Chipstead days. They were a very good team. They had a striker called cooper that scored goals for fun. I haven't played you guys yet as I transferred from farleigh just after you played warlingham. But you have to remember afc started from scratch that season where as you have been a team for a while. I'd say the depth in your squad is far better then afc's was

Guru, who is this Paul Dodd character, is he new to the island? Which team does he play for, is it in the business leagues? P. S. You missed out a certain starter from your best 11, a centre half by the name of Jamie Dodd!!!

I'd love to know if Ross was deliberately or accidently omitted too!

Stop exaggerating duncs, the crowd was 2,738 and you went 2 down before pulling one back! Got that all in the memory bank of course ;) I notice you were down as sub that day from the archives.

Tutt, Tutt, naughty boy Duncs....................TRS did Duncs have his wig on...........LOL !!!

TRS is THE MAN !

Guru, who is this Paul Dodd character, is he new to the island? Which team does he play for, is it in the business leagues? P. S. You missed out a certain starter from your best 11, a centre half by the name of Jamie Dodd!!!

I'd love to know if Ross was deliberately or accidently omitted too!

I picked a squad to beat the team that played last Saturday and therefore Ross can't play for my side

Just be thankful that the likes of the Le Tissier brothers have long retired. Imagine Kevin at his prime, he would score more goals than even Ross Allen! Also, Carls game would have ripped defences to pieces. Both were offered pro contracts.

Lastly, someone like Peter Blondel (their uncle) would have battered a few forwards!

Edited by Guernsey

So is Ross Allen getting paid ? Surely he is on a contract ? If these rumoured clubs like Sheffield Wednesday and swindon are interested GFC are going to have to let him go for nothing. Surely they are not that stupid? He is obviously leagues above this level surely he will want to play higher and earn some decent money. I could be wrong and he might have a good job in guernsey and have no need for the money.