Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What has happened to this Forum

I have read a load of rubbish on this forum over the past couple of months ( some will say I posted a load as well over the last couple of years), what has happened to the "friendly banter".

There are hardly any posts which do not belittle one person/club or another.

Is the football that bad, that no one talks about it anymore?

who cares the standard of the ESL is sh!t

Your above quote offends me, I have been around the ESL a couple of years in which time, Stringers Barking side went to Ryman 1 as Aveley and went up to premier, Concord went up and are now in Premier, Romford are holding their own in R1N and Terry has taken the majority of the Stansted side to Redbridge and they aint doing to bad, getting to the 1st round proper of the FA cup and earning his club over £30k on the way.

This year Southend Manor done well in the cup and the league is has a few sides in it that could win it, time the league started to congratulate itself on its merits.

Apologise if I have forgot anyone else that has gone on and done well

who cares the standard of the ESL is sh!t

Your above quote offends me, I have been around the ESL a couple of years in which time, Stringers Barking side went to Ryman 1 as Aveley and went up to premier, Concord went up and are now in Premier, Romford are holding their own in R1N and Terry has taken the majority of the Stansted side to Redbridge and they aint doing to bad, getting to the 1st round proper of the FA cup and earning his club over £30k on the way.

This year Southend Manor done well in the cup and the league is has a few sides in it that could win it, time the league started to congratulate itself on its merits.

Apologise if I have forgot anyone else that has gone on and done well

It has also provided a safe haven for the likes of Hornchurch, who dropped into the ESL and allowed them the time and opportunity to regroup/rebuild. Look at them now, top, or thereabouts, of the Ryman Prem.

The ESL has also opened its doors to clubs outside of the County, giving them a place to play. e,g, Enfield Town & Enfield 1893.

Before anyone says that was then and this is now, that has and will always be the case with the ESL..