Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hullbridge

Not really looking to engage in this debate, except to say there are many reasons why players play in the Olympian League, including not being good enough to player higher up the NL pyramid, but It's completely wrong to say all Olympian players are rejects from higher leagues.

My son would love to play in the ESL again (Assuming anybody wanted him) but his midweek coaching commitments prevent him doing so.

Did he established himself as an esl player when at Basildon?it.s like king he was more a bench warmer at burn ham although a good one.lol good lads but everyone finds his level eventually.look at smallsy.he took 25 years of his life to realise he was a mediocre keeper and a cracking manager aka mourinho.lol

In Rome they say :dici un mare de cazzate.dekeyzer played for bowers first team and reserve that were in division 2 or 3 of the eo.not reserve of the eo.more or less like kelvedon hatch that team that play in a bunker.lol by the way I take that as a compliment!average lol

Just for clarity, last season Bowers & Pitsea Reserves played in Senior Division 3 of the EOL. Their record was:

P22, W7, D3, L12, F60, A71, PTS24.

Not really looking to engage in this debate, except to say there are many reasons why players play in the Olympian League, including not being good enough to player higher up the NL pyramid, but It's completely wrong to say all Olympian players are rejects from higher leagues.

My son would love to play in the ESL again (Assuming anybody wanted him) but his midweek coaching commitments prevent him doing so.

Did he established himself as an esl player when at Basildon?it.s like king he was more a bench warmer at burn ham although a good one.lol good lads but everyone finds his level eventually.look at smallsy.he took 25 years of his life to realise he was a mediocre keeper and a cracking manager aka mourinho.lol

He established himself as Basildon Utd's Right Back towards the end of the 07/08 season and finished the season strongly, where he played in all the last 8 games, where they Won 1, Drew 4 (including a 2-2 against your boys) and Lost 3. He had played in many other games throughout the rest of that season

The point is he was not rejected, the whole squad left when Jason Emery was released during the summer.

George demeteiou and couple others in eol will get looked after better and treated properly unlike players in esl so that's why they choose to play lower , Coachie can you answer where Higgs Payne Dowd Priddle and daves are at? As the game I saw in pre season they all played but not heard on much of them since . Thanks

Dan dowd found it hard and left beginning of season.he is back in the Olympian I think kelvedon.priddle last week following the arrival of browny decided to step down 2 levels to the eo probably Benfleet.Daves has two daughters now and can't train so his appearances been very scarce.higgsy call it a day last night after coming back from injury and playing 15 minutes stating that he needs a break with other things on his mind.jack has been injured and his dad had a similar operation to the one I will have so he still out because he can't drive from chigwell.his old man said he will be back new year.as you see we go back to what I said before this is a full time league with 50 odd games played in a season and part timers unfortunately drop into the eo.

Exactly coach a player that last season was playing eo div 3 football now figures for your 1st team.

So surely a player of that standard could surely not cut it in the mighty esl! Even more so at a massive esl club like hullbridge

I've given you the rope to hang yourself with by claiming the eo is no where near the standard of the esl and that little nugget of info has blown your argument out of the water

Before you think I'm a coachie basher I'm not cos I actually think you've done a solid job over the years just proving a point that the difference in quality between steps 6-4 is marginal

Thanks for the info Coachie!!

That won't help you much you manor fecker!!!lol

Edited by coach et 64

Exactly coach a player that last season was playing eo div 3 football now figures for your 1st team.

So surely a player of that standard could surely not cut it in the mighty esl! Even more so at a massive esl club like hullbridge

I've given you the rope to hang yourself with by claiming the eo is no where near the standard of the esl and that little nugget of info has blown your argument out of the water

Before you think I'm a coachie basher I'm not cos I actually think you've done a solid job over the years just proving a point that the difference in quality between steps 6-4 is marginal

Bagsy has a lot of potential and is a row diamond.i can't lose on this.if he does well it will be good for hullbridge if not it will prove my point! Lol

Thanks for the info Coachie!!

That won't help you much you manor fecker!!!lol

Did you take your caravans Coachie?

Southend Manor 4 Hullbridge Sports 2

Essex Senior League

Admission £6, attendance 44 (surprisingly high, think it may have included those on the bench)

Although this was an entertaining match, it was marred by the behaviour of both benches who spent most of the afternoon abusing the officials, each other and (the home bench) supporters. The ref had to hold up play for a few minutes in the first half to speak to both managers and get them to shake hands. I was surprised the Hullbridge manager wasn't sent off after protesting loudly for several minutes about the ref's failure to award a corner. The Manor bench would alternate between "good decision ref" when something went their way and "f***ing useless. Officials ruining football again" when it didn't. This volte-face often happened within 30 seconds. When an away fan came and stood next to their dugout he was told to "f*** back off to wherever you came from you inbred eight-fingered c***" and after he did leave, the Manor bench started referring to the away team as pikeys.

I've absolutely no idea how or why the officials in the ESL put up with this, nor how club officials are allowed to behave like that.

Taken from TK forum