Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tank End Talk - now featuring on The Non-League Show

Beano

Hi All,

You may have noticed that Episode 3 of Tank End Talk is now available to download from the main website and via iTunes. I would like to apologise for some heavy background noise during the Ben Murray interview - I don't have kit clever enough to filter that out...

However, I'd like to think the podcast is helping to put our little club on the map. In addition to the promotion we've already done around it and assuming I can get the interview with Mark Bitmead over to Caroline in good time (won't be a problem), I'm due to be on The Non-League Show tonight to talk about our humble efforts at broadcasting. I'm booked in for about 9.50pm tonight, so if there's major breaking news I might get bumped but I'm confident that won't happen!

Whether I'm on it or not, the show is always worth a listen. It should be available on 94.9FM between 9.00-10.00pm and can also be heard on BBC London's digital platform or online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/nonleague. Give it a listen!

by "heavy background" i assume you mean myself and Lord Constable ! :lol:

I think the Podcast is a great idea, as long as people dont pick out individuals for criticism when things dont go well. That sort of thing could be counter productive.

I shall listen tonight if i can finish washing my hair in time :lol:

I have enjoyed all three podcasts so far. Won't be able to listen to the NLS live tonight but will try to find it afterwards. Unlike FB, I don't have to wash my hair tonight as it is not the end of the month 'till tomorrow, and I always wait for pension day in case I need a syrup replacement, or dreadlocks threaded in.

A special mention to Joe Burgess who competently described the 'unsung hero' activity behind the dressing room scenes. If he truly did not have prior warning, he was even more excellent, and destined for a frontman role for media interviews.

I came away from listening to Ben Murray with visions of St Trinians - type minibus trips around the M25 to Enfield. Do the U18s arrive in school uniforms?

Edited by Keith B

Joe had absolutely no warning, because I didn't know I was going to collar him! The podcasts have no script and, so far, have been done completely "on the hoof". The links are then recorded in my kitchen and then I use the software that came with the recorder to trim off the odd bit that shouldn't be there (usually a second or two off the beginning of a segment) and put everything into the right order.

Well, given that the studio were having phone trouble all night (the initial call to me went straight to voicemail without ringing), I thought it went OK!

I'm delighted that we were able to get the club's positive message across and hopefully the show will boost awareness of the club and downloads of the podcast. It seems to be very popular so far - hopefully we can add to that.

Found the BBC Radio London piece on the 'Listen Again' link without any great difficulty.

Gareth - you couldn't have painted a more upbeat message about the club and you were (and are) a very good ambassador, not just for ATFC, but non-league football. As I have said before on the old forum, In my life I've been to thousands of League and Premier games all over the country, but the intimacy and feeling of involvement with non-league has to be felt to be appreciated. I still enjoy my visits to St Mary's amongst sometimes 30,000 crowds but watching alongside around 100 fans has a special feeling that is difficult to find adequate words for.

Well done.

Thanks, Keith, that's really kind of you.

Opportunities like last night don't come along every week, so it was important to accentuate all of the good things that are happening at the club and I meant what I said - there are so many people working so hard to build something here and we should celebrate that.

Watching a professional game is a completely different experience to watching a game at our level and, in many ways, I did it the "wrong" way round, in that I grew up in the non-league game and, while I have watched matches at every level from Sunday League from World Cup Qualifying, I find myself somehow "disconnected" from things in a big stadium. It just feels different...

If anyone would like the podcast of last night's Non-League Show, it's available on iTunes or from http://www.bbc.co.uk/nonleague