Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedfont Town to fold?

Swifty

A great shame if they do close at the end of the season. They've been doing quite well of late after a tricky start and have done much to improve the facilities and pitch - the latter of which used to look positively dangerous. If it happens, no doubt Bedfont Social Club will want to plug the gap in their own income from by renting it to another club. Feltham FC won't be enough, and with Bedfont Sports developing their own excellent facilities they won't be interested either.

What makes it more surprising is not just Garry Haylock's appointment, but the detailed plans for BTFC to develop their own ground at Green Lane, Hounslow including a stand a bit like Fleetwood Town's.

Question.

In the sad eventuality that Bedfont Town did fold, what would be the relegation / promotion consequences be?

Over to you Mr C (vice Chairman) or Mr C (Gen Sec).

Hoping that it is an academic question, both for BTFC and others, of course - but curious nonetheless.

If it happens, and I think we would all hope it doesn't, then it would have no effect on promotion in to or out of the division, unless they were to qualify for and win the play-offs. If that happened, the club at Step 3 finishing fourth from bottom and with the best Points Per Game average would be reprieved.

In terms of relegation, clubs resigning from the League are classed by The FA as having been placed 22nd in the division, so they and the club finishing bottom would be relegated, and the club finishing second bottom reprieved.

Not sure I see it as a defo, as even if they don't pay the players, they have the basis through Doug White's tireless work over the years to compete at a minimum with the likes of Feltham and CB Hounslow. Maybe they may need to drop a level to re-build, but even with a low fan base, there must surely be some hope. I certainly hope so.

Whereas these days we see several former ATFC players and officials with Staines Lammas, I can recall when SL could be read for Bedfont Green, not least through the Vertannes connection - with fine people such as Des (senior), Des (junior), Andy, Kerry, Gloria, and Annalise all regular volunteers or supporters.

I wish Bedfont Town well.

sorry, I didnt mean to say its definate.

But pulling out of a cup so near the final is ominous at the least. Surely the players would play for nothing in the cup? For their own sakes?

I hope they pull it round because we need all the local derbies we can get!

But the tie was due to be played this week and there isn't another game in it's place, so how does that help with arranging fixtures?

There's a story in today's Uxbridge Gazette where Wayne O'Sullivan says at length that the reason he left Bedfont Town was because he couldn't afford to play for nothing.

However, if Bedfont Town have eliminated their budget, they will have reduced their cost base, which will hopefully help them to survive and prosper in the long-term. Equally, if the majority of the players have stayed with the club, then credit to them for sticking by the club at what is a difficult time for all non-league sides.