Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clubs in trouble

Afternoon all.

I'm in the middle of compiling a list of clubs who have either gone into administration, liquidation, resigned or been kicked out of the league (for one reason or another), or clubs who have bitten the dust for whatever reason. It is part of a University research project.

If you know of any from the ESL (or others - to step 5), I'd be grateful if you could post here or email me at webmaster@walthamforest-fc.co.uk

Ta!

Ha, I wish! If you saw the multitude of data I'm acquiring for this project, you'd understand me asking other people for help! And besides, a lot of the time, the only people who know about this sort of information are people you find on forums - Google has not been my friend on this occasion.

Just to prove I'm doing some work (and a lot of people have helped me with this already), here is the list compiled so far:

- Disbanding

AFC Newbury, Andover, Bicester Town, Brierley Hill & Withymoor, Brache Sparta, Bromsgrove, Chobham, Croydon Athletic, Dawlish Town, Edgware Town, Grosvenor Park, Hinkley, Leyton, Newcastle Blue Star, Oldbury United, Rushden and Diamonds, Slade Green, Stapenhill

- Resigned, kicked out from leagues, or folded (including any AFC clubs)

Almondsbury Town, Atherstone Town, Banstead Athletic, Biddulph Victoria, Brereton Social, Canvey Island Grays Athletic, Great Harwood Town, Leigh Genesis, Lymington & New Milton, Meir K.A., Newport IOW, Rossendale, Rothwell Town, Scarborough, Spennymoor, St Leonards, Telford United, VCD Athletic

- Reformed

Ashford Town (Kent), Berkhamsted Town, Darwen, Merthyr Tydfil, Nuneaton, Farnborough, Hornchurch, King's Lynn, Windsor & EtonRuncorn

- Liquidation

Chester City, Farsley Celtic, Halifax Town

Do East Ham Count? I always assumed they merged with Barking. I should have mentioned, I'm only after clubs from the last 10 years, so that excludes Pegasus.

Thanks for your help!

How about Mauritius Sports FC becoming Haringay & Waltham Development FC, does that count?

Do East Ham Count? I always assumed they merged with Barking. I should have mentioned, I'm only after clubs from the last 10 years, so that excludes Pegasus.

Thanks for your help!

How about Mauritius Sports FC becoming Haringay & Waltham Development FC, does that count?

I suppose the above could just be a name change, in which case the same would go for Bowers Utd, who changed to Bowers & Pitsea FC at the start of the 2004/05 season.

Thanks for your help!

I suppose the above could just be a name change, in which case the same would go for Bowers Utd, who changed to Bowers & Pitsea FC at the start of the 2004/05 season.

I think they both have to be classed as name changes. My list is currently at 140 clubs, and growing fast. Very worrying for non-league football!

Thanks for your help!

I think they both have to be classed as name changes. My list is currently at 140 clubs, and growing fast. Very worrying for non-league football!

Definitely a sign of the times.

East Ham combined with Barking but it wasn't really a real merger so I've been told. East Ham's old ground is now being built on isn't it? Barking dropped the East Ham a few years back so they would count. Saffron Walden? Tiptree?

You have to be careful with the merger claims. Is a merger really a merger or just a club going bust and a few players, coaches commitee members joining the new club and allowing that club to take part of their name.

I would be really interested to see your project when it's done.

anyone remember rainham town??

Yep, I've played there. Chingford FC & Leytonstone Utd too, Terry Hurlock's old club.

Edited by Hookey

The 'old' Enfield FC folded. 1893 are a phoenix club.

Enfield" Blacklegs " Town are also a phoenix club and nothing to do with the original Enfield FC . I'm sure one of them will tell us different.

The 'old' Enfield FC folded. 1893 are a phoenix club.

Enfield" Blacklegs " Town are also a phoenix club and nothing to do with the original Enfield FC . I'm sure one of them will tell us different.

I think if you looked up the history of Enfield Town, you will see it is a new Club that does not claim EFC history, unlike 1893 who claim to have won every non league trophy going !!