Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 0 Saints 0

From Phil's programme notes..."I am sure we will be in for an excellent game tonight". Oh dear, Phil!

The first highlight of the night was Macca's excellent save down to his right. The second highlight for me came at half-time when Martin bought me a coffee. Erm, that was it.

Whether the lads were jaded after the last few games, or maybe they were disjointed because we had several key players missing, but that was the dullest game I've seen all season. We just didn't gel, loads of misplaced passes, and very few chances on goal, though no-one had a stinker. Chalfont St. Peter didn't click either, which made for a low-key evening.

Hard to call for man of the match, but Macca looked assured, with that fine save proving crucial, and Samad showed enthusiasm, especially bearing in mind he came in to the team very late after Bairoh broke down in training. Let's not forget, at least the draw extends the unbeaten run to seven. A reason to be cheerful.

Edited by Swifty

Reasons to be cheerful.

Sounds like a good title for a song, eh Ed? Part 3(?) of course.

Yep, not really on our game tonight. I think the effort was there, as we have come to expect from the lads.

A point will do. Lets hope we are keeping our best for Slough on Saturday

Well done all.

I'm in shock !!!! ..... someone actually READS the programme .... Ed it was wishful thinking,

But on the bright side, a point, the new lads got a bit of game time and looked ok, despite injuries etc we know we have players who can come in and perform well (Samad & Jack at the back), and Macca got to win his bet with the long lost Club Lout ... 8 clean sheets ... Well done Macca

Bring on Slough, we always play better against better teams.

SBF

Edited by SlimBoyFat

Indeed as 0-0's go this was a drab one.......

The fact we clapped the lads off at the end at least showed the effort was there, but there was no fluidity and we gave the ball away far too cheaply with several of mis-placed passes.....

Macca was in fine form, the save from the header in the fist half particularly impressive, almost Banks like from Pele in 1970 although the ball didn't bounce so high....

A couple of scuffed shots and Pietro turning on a low goalbound shot that defender and keeper appeared to have covered and hammering it just over the heads us lot ducking behind the goal was about it from an attacking pospective...

Bits also played a few useful balls into dangerous areas that nobody could get on the end of......

We seemed to have several opportunities to shoot from outdside the box in the 2nd half but nobody seemed willing to pull the trigger and as the saying goes "If you don't buy a ticket you cant win the raffle" Or in mine and Martin's case "If you do buy a ticket you still cant win the raffle" :o

Checking the half time winning numbers being 823 and 960 on the green I reported back to to Ed, Graham and Martin only to see that they were the same numbers as mine 701 to 705 on the green, except that I only had 702 to 705 on the green :huh:

Slough on Saturday will be a tough one and our 7 game run will be tested.....

Edited by kevchenko