Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I see we are mathematically safe! :)

We already have 2 points more than we finished with last season and we still have 6 league games left :lol:

We are in the final at Aldershot and have a semi-final against Rayners Lane tomorrow.

I have enjoyed this season and i am hoping we can pick up a few points yet and the two pieces of Silverware.

Well done everyone! :D

I think it's a mixture of several things - the lack of a press secretary (and no, I'm not complaining, and no, I'd be rubbish at it and I'm not around enough), the fact we're two divisions below Staines Town who have more tradition than us, the fact we don't play as many local teams as in the Ryman League, the fact the ground's pretty difficult to get to by public transport and, I hate to say it, but there's still a bit of backlash from the last two seasons - a lot more damage was done on the terraces by the last regime on and off the pitch than the committee and players realise(d). To give one example, arguably our longest standing supporter took to watching Hampton and Richmond instead last season and he's decided to watch them more than us now he's moved to Hanworth.

I've been delighted with how the team have set about the task this season. A really decent, honest, hard-working bunch of lads who've shown the majority of last year's lot to be the apathetic embarrassment we thought at the time. It's also a breath of fresh air to have a management team who are club legends, who are approachable and who've jumped in at the deep end and swum really well. I admit to being worried when we showed relegaton form for the ten games after our blistering start, but I had and have faith in the lads.

Swifty, I think we all realise how much damage was done but the rebuilding of the club had to start with the finances and behinmd the scenes. Although we're still not out of the forest I hope we can at least see some light through the branches. Mostly thanks to a lot of hard work from Sue Cox and the generosity of some of the people involved in the club, and I include supporters like yourself in that.and some of the committee who not only give their time but some put up the funds when needed. I understand that some can't but do give in other ways. We have installed sensible budgets and as a club are going the right way. I still believe that once we get the basics right the club will move forward on the pitch and we'll attract a decent support..I agree a press secretary should be a priority for next season as we need to spread the gospel, according to ATMFC, but I believe we are stronger as a club now than we have been for a few years.

SBF

As one of the 'occasional' supporters, I think the point made previously by Swifty about local derbies is a good one. It is no coincidence that Bedfont Town's best, or next best, gate was at home to us, and ours was last Saturday against Slough (not sure we'll be able to rely on the latter next season as they look destined for a well deserved promotion).

A couple of weeks ago, Gary Haylock at Bedfont Town gave away many free tickets out to local schools, hoping to attract younger supporters and their parents, but this still didn't do the trick with a modest average attendance for the game concerned which shows the answer to attracting more spectators is not easy.

I do not think our club could now be in better hands, and I admire and respect the efforts of the few, many of which are unseen to the naked eye, let alone the clothed one. Maybe a Press Secretary is part of the answer in increasing our profile, I don't know.

We do have some major employers in our area with huge customer footfall - i.e. LHR and Tesco. Maybe there is some way we can tap into those places to publicise our club. We also have a regional office of the GMB Union in Hayes (I think). Maybe they are worth an approach for some form of support / sponsorship, after all they used to be the shirt sponsor for Brentford FC and must have many members in our area (at least 3 of whom carry the surname Balmer).

It is nice that a season that looked possibly problematic now looks like having a decent ending, possible silverware and a good feeling around the club and this forum. Personally, I would prefer to be in the Ryman League but understand a bit about why we are not (lines on maps). However, I would hate the club to miss out on AFC Portsmouth's rise through the non-league ranks to the Conference (sorry - must stop now as I cannot laugh and type at the same time, especially when starting rumours).

Edited by Keith B