Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Tuesday 27th & Wednesday 28th March)

Tuesday 27th March

PREMIER DIVISION

2-1 St Margaretsbury v Leverstock Green

A report on this one from another Forum:

St Margaretsbury 2-1 Leverstock Green

Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division

Admission: £6

Attendance: 22

This one featured a frenetic opening quarter of an hour as both teams went for it from the first whistle. In the 8th minute the home side took the lead with a stunning volley from the edge of the box which dipped over the keeper and into the top corner of the net. Barely two minutes later it was almost 2-0 as one of St Margaretsbury's strikers expertly lifted the ball over a Leverstock defender before cannoning a shot off the crossbar. After 15 minutes however, the scores were tied when a goal kick was headed onto a Leverstock frontman who looped the ball over the advancing keeper. Unfortunately the exciting opening period was not maintained as both sides settled down to a slower pace with no more goals forthcoming before the interval. In the 58th minute the home side were given the chance to regain the lead from the penalty spot after a handball in the box, and the ball was duly dispatched into the back of the net, hitting the post on its way in. Towards the end of the game the two sides played some good end-to-end football with the hosts having a goal chalked off just before the end of the 90 minutes. However, it didn't matter for St Margaretsbury as they claimed a 2-1 victory upon the final whistle.

Have posted a stadium report and photos from the game on my blog.

To check out my groundhopping blog visit http://www.groundhopperunited.com/

i put my money on either royston or dunstable town ;)

If Royston Town lift the Championship I take it a case of champagne will be winging it's way from Garden Walk to Cow Lane

RTFC - Yes but had Tring Athletic not beaten Dunstable Town recently then you would have still been looking over your shoulder whereas now your destiny is in your own hands.

RTFC - But you didn’t anticipate Dunstable Town to be breathing down your neck at the end of the season back then did you, when Tring beat them at Cow Lane last month they were level on points with you

Love it when Welcher Rhodes starts preaching about who people should spend their money on.

(Sorry ODs, not football really but I've been thoroughly enjoying your many football posts).

RTFC - But you didn’t anticipate Dunstable Town to be breathing down your neck at the end of the season back then did you, when Tring beat them at Cow Lane last month they were level on points with you

I would have thought they along with everyone else would have expected DTFC to be right up there if not win it with their budget and quality etc...

I think we all expected Aylesbury United to be up there this season but you can't lose at home to the likes of Harefield United, Colney Heath and Hadley can you and expect to be challenging for the Championship in April

I think we all expected Aylesbury United to be up there this season but you can't lose at home to the likes of Harefield United, Colney Heath and Hadley can you and expect to be challenging for the Championship in April

I didn't neither did their supporters, they are very much a team rebuilding with lots of players who had had little or no SSML prem experience. They dont have the budget to keep players, or attract them in a very competitive area. You can't just go on what a club "used to be" if and when they get back into Aylesbury it could be a different story

Sorry mate I put you wrong there Joyce has a very good budget trust me

Really I know a couple that are apparently only on expenses. I heard also that due to the money being spent on groundshare the barely had any sort of budget. To be honest you are more likely to know than me pal, I'm only going on what I've been told prob 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand

Really I know a couple that are apparently only on expenses. I heard also that due to the money being spent on groundshare the barely had any sort of budget. To be honest you are more likely to know than me pal, I'm only going on what I've

been told prob 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand

£800 I got told?

Really I know a couple that are apparently only on expenses. I heard also that due to the money being spent on groundshare the barely had any sort of budget. To be honest you are more likely to know than me pal, I'm only going on what I've

been told prob 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand

£800 I got told?

More than I thought to be fair still averages at only £40 a man which is little more than expenses with petrol costs as they are. However we and I'm sure a lot of teams would kill for that. I reckon you should be able to get a side close to title for that. I imagine DTFC and Royston's are a little better but with their own grounds good attendances and chairman worth a fair bit you would expect that.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday 27th March

DIVISION ONE

7-0 Ampthill Town v Stony Stratford Town

I see that Ampthill Town's 'biggest fan' attended this one, the Club should sign him up as promotions or publicity officer:

http://www.aroundampthill.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6179