Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 21st April (Fixtures & Results)

Risborough look they've blown their chance with 2 recent draws of the D2 title. Bletchley beating Mursley was a bit of a surprise & gives us the chance to get 3rd place next week.

Great win for Tring at Haringey too. Think that is 6 straight league wins now. All 4 goals from Tony Fields including a hat trick of penalties

Results

AFC Dunstable 3 Hadley 2

Aylesbury United 3 Royston Town 0

Hanwell Town 3 Dunstable Town 6 (Hanwell Town relegated)

Hillingdon Borough 5 Broxbourne Borough V&E 0 - An interesting game today. Broxbourne had 4 sent off and Jamie Houliston (Hillingdon) also walked.

Leverstock Green 1 Harefield United 0

Oxhey Jets 1 Holmer Green 0

Hoddesdon Town 6 Stony Stratford Town 0

Langford 0 London Colney 3

Welwyn Garden City 1 Cockfosters 5

Hadley Reserves 4 Kings Langley Reserves 2

Royston Town Reserves 2 Hoddesdon Town Reserves 1

Totternhoe Reserves 8 Stony Stratford Town Reserves 1

One more and it would have been abandoned.

Have a day off PTG! Just kidding

Definitely not me. I've only had two red cards this season.

Have you? What did you get them for then? Hahahaha

Saturday 21st April

(Kick Off 3.00pm unless stated)

PREMIER DIVISION

1-0 Oxhey Jets v Holmer Green

Typical end of season game with neither team having much to play for.

Oxhey Jets deserved the win having most of the play and chances.

Managed to save Mr Jessop's blushes late on when he fumbled the ball with an off-side that had most in the ground baffled. ;)

PREMIER DIVISION

1-0 Oxhey Jets v Holmer Green

A report on this one, I'm sure a certain person will elaborate later:

http://www.oxheyjets.com/index.html

DIVISION ONE

1-0 Ampthill Town v Chesham United Reserves (Ampthill Town promoted)

A report from another Forum, it must have been disappointing that no programme was issued:

Ampthill Town 1, Chesham United 0

Spartan South Midlands League Div 1

Attendance 50 est.

Admission £4, programme NONE!

At this time of the season it's sometimes difficult to find a game with some meaning. My first visit of the season to Ampthill Town fulfilled that category in a game that the home side needed a win, or at least a point, to guarantee promotion to the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division next season. Visitors to the picturesque Ampthill ground for this Division One fixture were Chesham United reserves. Ampthill have had a very good season with a long F.A. Vase run and victory in the final of the Bedfordshire F.A. Trophy. Unfortunately, perhaps it was nerves or a little bit of complacency, that made this such a poor but in the end memorable game for the home side. Chesham fielded a young inexperienced side for this game but any thoughts of lambs to the slaughter were soon to be dispelled. For seventy five minutes they didn't allow the home to settle into any sort of rhythm and there was very little in the way of clear cut chances for either sides. Then a corner from the Chesham right, a Tyrone Taylor header found the back of the Chesham net to break the stubborn resistance of the visitors. This proved to be the only goal of the game but it was enough to send Ampthill up and at the end of the game the celebrations could begin!

Once again and not for the first time this season at this level a match day programme had failed to be produced. Problems with the printers but I'm afraid I wish they were more honest and just say sorry there isn't one this week.

Managed to save Mr Jessop's blushes late on when he fumbled the ball with an off-side that had most in the ground baffled.

So you are saying you made a dodgy decision to save the blushes of a fellow forum member!?

Very controversial............

Once again and not for the first time this season at this level a match day programme had failed to be produced. Problems with the printers but I'm afraid I wish they were more honest and just say sorry there isn't one this week.

I thought Eric Turner did Ampthill's programme and the Club don't use a printer

Managed to save Mr Jessop's blushes late on when he fumbled the ball with an off-side that had most in the ground baffled.

So you are saying you made a dodgy decision to save the blushes of a fellow forum member!?

Very controversial............

Not at all.

That is what you are saying.

The decision was correct.

More controversy, surprise, surprise!

Great win for Tring at Haringey too. Think that is 6 straight league wins now. All 4 goals from Tony Fields including a hat trick of penalties

A report from both camps, Haringey clearly had their minds on next Tuesday:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=813081&conf=&div=

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1826

I thought Eric Turner did Ampthill's programme and the Club don't use a printer

maybe that was the problem this week. Very difficult to get the text from computer to paper without one. Utter disgrace that ref off ref wasn't sat on the gate with a typewriter or wax tablet

TringArmy - I'm sure if Eric had contacted Ref Off Ref last Wednesday or Thursday he would have been only too pleased to help produce a programme for yesterday's game, it could have been his fifteen minutes of fame, Andy Warhol style

TringArmy - I'm sure if Eric had contacted Ref Off Ref last Wednesday or Thursday he would have been only too pleased to help produce a programme for yesterday's game, it could have been his fifteen minutes of fame, Andy Warhol style

So that's what Warhol is famous for producing a programme for Ampthil.

Seriously though will Ampthill receive a fine from the SSML for failing to produce a programme yesterday

Seriously though will Ampthill receive a fine from the SSML for failing to produce a programme yesterday

They could be hit with a double blow

8.21 Failure to provide acceptable match programme £25

8.21 Failure to send a programme to the League £25

PREMIER DIVISION

3-0 Aylesbury United v Royston Town

A report from both camps, it sounds like Melford Simpson had a blinder:

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,698.0.html

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/match-reports/match-report-aylesbury-united-v-royston-town-2/

They could be hit with a double blow

8.21 Failure to provide acceptable match programme £25

8.21 Failure to send a programme to the League £25

Karen - It's interesting that Ref Off Ref was up with the lark this morning to post but left this thread well alone, I wonder why