Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

james russell

Gutted to see him leave. One of the best keepers I've seen at the Lane.

Tbh I think the move was probably more down to travelling reasons rather than money or wanting a move higher up the pyramid.

James lives in Hertfordshire I think so it must have been a real nightmare for him to travel down to Canvey for training on a Tuesday/Thursday night with the roads the way they've been the last couple of months.

Boreham Wood is nearer his home as well.

Absolutely gutted to lose James but Boreham is obviously a lot closer to home for him and they're still a part-time club, which means he can also continue his role at Chelsea.

Boreham Wood had the second lowest average attendance of the Conference North & South combined last season, and the lowest in the Conference South. It may be a league higher but it won't feel like it!

That's one of the first thoughts I had when I found out it would be Boreham Wood that he was joining. They don't even have a forum as far as I can find.

But its still confrence south football near his home, my only worry was that he didnt feel we could get to the confrence south

also sad to report if i passed my degree il be making a move to the evo stick northern premier.