Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ALLOCATIONS

I've heard nothing official (as at 6.00 pm) but if the Non-League Paper web site is to be believed, these are the changes in our Division next season:

We gain:Godalming Town, Guildford City, Royston Town and Thatcham Town

We lose: Bedfont Town, St. Neots Town, Bedworth United, Marlow

Edited by whitelaw

It's a real pity that Marlow could not be reprieved because of the timing of Bedfont Town's 'resignation'. A source close to the Bedfont end said that if Bedfont Social Club hadn't messed Garry Haylock and Bedfont Town about and dilly-dallied, then their resignation might have come much earlier, to the benefit of Marlow.

I don't understand the people that run Bedfont Social Club, or how they survive financially, seemingly content to depend too heavily on bar income (from a mostly ageing membership) and run a closed shop. I am sure that the merged Bedfont & Feltham will do ok, but whether they attract decent attendances has to be seen, especially with the thriving and welcoming set up of Bedfont Sports next door.

An early prediction from me - Guildford City will be up there next season. Another - if Gold-mining Town still have the group of former ATFC players next season - the games against us will be good value.

Edited by Keith B

It's a real pity that Marlow could not be reprieved because of the timing of Bedfont Town's 'resignation'. A source close to the Bedfont end said that if Bedfont Social Club hadn't messed Garry Haylock and Bedfont Town about and dilly-dallied, then their resignation might have come much earlier, to the benefit of Marlow.

I don't understand the people that run Bedfont Social Club, or how they survive financially, seemingly content to depend too heavily on bar income (from a mostly ageing membership) and run a closed shop. I am sure that the merged Bedfont & Feltham will do ok, but whether they attract decent attendances has to be seen, especially with the thriving and welcoming set up of Bedfont Sports next door.

An early prediction from me - Guildford City will be up there next season. Another - if Gold-mining Town still have the group of former ATFC players next season - the games against us will be good value.

Is your information regarding Gary Haylock being messed about actual fact or are you just assuming????

From what I gather, going by the stories in the paper it was Gary himself that was putting off the inevitable and trying to raise funds in order to carry on!

As with all stories, there is much unknown. However, previous press reports strongly suggested that Garry had been wanting clarity since just after Doug White stepped away in February, I think.

I have a couple of friends who are members of the Social Club and who are generally spot-on, but who knows the truth? I must admit my own experience with the Social Club is coloured a bit by having the door rudely and literally shut in my face when I inadvertently tried the wrong door for a Bedfont Town home game, and also from a few years when one of my son's played for and coached the fledgling youth teams of the now defunct Bedfont FC.

There was a 'thanks for your money, but now sod off' attitude.

Is your information regarding Gary Haylock being messed about actual fact or are you just assuming????

From what I gather, going by the stories in the paper it was Gary himself that was putting off the inevitable and trying to raise funds in order to carry on!

Garry Haylock certainly said at least once in the Hounslow Chronicle that he was waiting on a meeting with Bedfont Football & Social Club so that he could try and work out whether the Academy he was trying to set up on behalf of Bedfont Town would be viable. The implication from that article was that the Academy would generate income that could help to keep the adult teams running. So, yes, I would agree with you that, on the face of it, he was trying very hard to keep the club running but there is probably a glimmer of truth in what Keith says as well.