Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players and Managers

Well said always.

i know that all proposed rule changes are sent out to clubs during February so if they want to put forward amendments they have until the end of February to do so. Those amendments will then also be discussed at the A.G.M. and voted on.

Once again this season it was not until the A.G.M. that some clubs voiced objections to some of the rule changes and then tried to put forward amendments. Theyare not allowed to do that. Amendments to proposed rule changes cannot be accepted at the A.G.M.

Clubs should not wait for someone else to put forward a rule change proposal, they should do it themselves. ALL proposed rule changes from Clubs go, provided they are approved by the County, to the A.G.M.

So as always wrote, if your club do not like a rule get your club secretary to propose a change dont just sit on your hands and moan about it.

Edited by Olyfan

We all all accept the system , as Always Hiding (who sounds like a league officer) says its up to the clubs to discuss it more and bring the ideas to the league. Nevertheless, I think that it would be interesting to see how many Premier clubs voted against the rule. It is these clubs that are most likely to be affected by the rule because senior players are more likely to go to a Premier club than one lower down. I do accept that this is not the case all the time, but in the vast majority of occasions it is. Therefore, even if a Premier manager and secretary do talk and realise the shortcomings the rule has, nothing would have changed the result of the vote because too many clubs could not care less as they are not affected by it. I appreciate its a democracy but perhaps the Club Reps on the League committee (what do they do?) should have canvassed/discussed the matter with the clubs before the vote to ensure they understood that there was potential for a lot of good players to slip through the EOFL net because the League's members were going to stop them playing. Personally, I think the point needed addressing ,but the solution is a little dramatic and I think my previously suggested idea would have been a better solution. This point highlights the need for the club reps on the committee to be more active and talk to the clubs who they are suppose to represent. I also accept that clubs need to feed issues through to the reps to allow them to raise the matter. I get the feeling that they quite happy to sit on the committee and represent their 'OWN' clubs rather than the member clubs. Perhaps an independent (not club associated) representative should be on the committee to help with these sorts of issues. I really think this rule change has not been thought about and will be a pressure point throughout the season.

I think Always Hiding, Olyfan and Stop Whinging have all made very good points.

Particularly when Olyfan suggests there was an opportunity to oppose the rule prior to the AGM. I personally was not aware of this and see where you are coming from with this.

Have to agree with Stop Whinging that the clubs most affected would be premier division sides who, overall, are in the minority and therefore would have probably been outvoted. This is a shame because step 7 and step 5 in this part of the world are very similar standards in my opinion.

Still, it is the same for all clubs so what will be will be.

Olyfan - I completely understand what you are saying, and in reality, it's very difficult to argue with........but it's a bit old fashioned don't you think.....?

The "We sent you a letter in February, and you can't make amendments at the AGM" sounds more like a dodgy banking process.

The AGM is where most people are present, therefore if a valid point is raised and backed by sound reasoning, then why can't it be amended, suggested or implemented there and then.

The club secretary's do a great job as do the managers and everyone involved in running a club at this level, so why not cut them some slack and allow for a system that improves the league rather than a ridged one that only allows the problem to be half addressed or in some cases made more difficult.

It's easy to spout "The rules are the rules" but in reality, it's clear in this instance that the problem has not been addressed so who's the real winners here???

Stop Whinging makes a very good point

>I get the feeling that they quite happy to sit on the committee and represent their 'OWN' clubs rather than the member clubs.

I do not now if this is the case but do clubs ever contact the club Representativs to discuss things ?

>The "We sent you a letter in February, and you can't make amendments at the AGM" sounds more like a dodgy banking process.

Now thats a real insult to the League :rolleyes:

The club secretary's do a great job as do the managers and everyone involved in running a club at this level, so why not cut them some slack and allow for a system that improves the league rather than a ridged one that only allows the problem to be half addressed or in some cases made more difficult.

It's easy to spout "The rules are the rules" but in reality, it's clear in this instance that the problem has not been addressed so who's the real winners here???

I fully understand your point but unfortunately new proposals at any AGM cannot be accepted and voted on. What could have happened at the last AGM was that the proposal could have been defeated as I believe some others were. I am sure that the Premier League clubs would have made strong vocal representations if they were so against the proposal.

Still, the next A.G.M. is in June 2013 so clubs have 11 months to come up with an alternative proposal.

yep you guys are right - an AGM has to follow the rules whether we like it or not - just look what has happened in other leagues when the rules are not adhered to.

Club reps - an independent rep - sounds good but who is truly independent? and where do these volunteers magically spring from?

Again if you think the club reps aren't doing a good job then make sure you propose some that will.

We all want the League to be run well - if change is needed let's change it but you have to be more active by making formal proposals, engaging League Officers and so on.

A lot of what is said here is sensible so why is it that none of this gets to the table.