Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Did you ever think...

Beano

Pardon? :P :D :lol:

In truth, a real honour for the club.

Just one question - if we progress through two FA Cup rounds and get a home tie for the third, it would be on the same day. If this happens, any chance of getting the Cup tie to start at 1.00 and have a Cup / International double-header? might get a few hoppers in.

This is a real coup for the Club and well done to those that have made it possible.

Let's hope that the game attracts the coverage in the media that it deserves and strengthens our place in the non-league spotlight. I am sure that the NLP and Caroline Barker will give the game its due, even if we can expect jack **** from the local rag.

Note to Sue Cox - I hope you do a nice kebab. Mine's a doner with chilli sauce and salad, but no chilli peppers. Or is kebab a turkish delicacy?

I am sure that the NLP and Caroline Barker will give the game its due

"The Non-League Show" has moved from its decent slot of 9 p.m. on Monday night to 5.30 a.m. on Sunday morning! It may well be on 5 Live now and, of course, there's the podcast option, but how many listeners will it lose due to the enforced switch?

Moving to 5.30am on a Sunday morning seems crazy. Do they have a "hear again" slot on the BBC website, I wonder?

Nice to see we got a mention in todays NLP, and an even bigger slot given to Jamie Lawrence as he seeks to extend his playing career. Disappointing that so close to pre-season, the paper is so thin it is hard not to cut your fingers on it. Surely there must be loads of interesting non-league stuff to fill the pages.

5:30 am on a Sunday?

Typical BBC to put the interesting programmes in the grave-yard slots.

A pity that they can't put the non-league show on air at 9.00 a.m. on Sunday morning, would surely be far more interesting than watching Andrew Marr spout nonsense...

Good luck to Ashford Town (Middlesex), and I hope that any interviews with Beeb/Sky etc. can be used to help save your club from the idiotic plans of the Spelthorne MP.

If you have Sky+ and one of the more comprehensive Sky packages then it is possible to tune into BBC Radio London 94.9 via Channel 0152, and record it, and thus be able to listen to it at a time convenient to you.

I've just set it up to record next Sunday (5th August) and it shows on my Sky Planner screen, so it appears to have been set up correctly. I'll be interested in seeing whether it records properly. Not sure how long the programme usually is, but I've set it from 5.30am to 7am for the moment. I'll post on here to report whether I have been successful or not.

In case anyone is curious, I have Sky+ and the full-ish Sky World package - a snip at £75 per month!?!

Ed - yeah, I know. Just checking out if the plan works!

Not sure what I'll end up listening to, but hey ho.

Archived