Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

7 day approaches & tapping up

you may say this is your last posting on the subject smallsy but I 'm sure you will continue to read the forum , so follow this link , http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2080

ps I know the rules very well as I used to play and secured many a move by this rule and very few managers told me about any of them which is supposed to be the 'decent' thing to do

One of the reasons, I'm no longer managing. I don't mind players progressing in fact I encourage it. The higher I can get my players to play the better IMO, but got fed up with how underhand some clubs would be. 2 seasons ago I lost 5 players to 2 clubs in 1 week ! I was in Step 7 at that time & you simply can't recover from that loss in short term & compete, bearing in mind it was already the 3rd squad I had built in 14 months !

I remember a very long time ago, when I must have been 21 (And in my prime) I played a blinder against Averly in a pre season friendly.......got asked 2 years later why I never got back to them after they put in a 7 dayer......the manager at the time decided he didn't want to the pass the message on......could have done with FB and Twitter then...!!

I agree with Onebreast and Smallsy, that it comes down to respect, and how you want to be viewed by other managers....

But in reality, there is nothing stopping one business approaching a person about a new job when they are paid in excess of £100k a year....so other than showing some decency (Which is a personal thing) this rule is worthless

talk is cheap - as i believe someone else has pointed out the host club doesnt need to tell you that another team has put in a seven dayer for you it was up to Aveley to contact you after seven days.

the whole system is pointless if you want a player they can demand to be deregistered at their club as long as they have no kit or fines outstanding.

I know of one player who's had a 7 day-er put in for him recently (moving from Step 2 to Step 4).

The rule is a pest, but if a player wants to go and has his/her head turned, then I guess there is nothing you can do. It is pointless crying to the FA as they are generally clueless, and there are worse things in football than this rule.

Archived