Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reading Striker Jason Roberts To Ditch 'Kick It Out' Racism Campaign

Not just Roberts not wearing the t-shirt it would seem....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20017021

This is becoming more and more of a farce by the day !

What DO they think they are going to achieve ?

In my book, they are just making themselves AND the cause a laughing-stock !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20027879

Funding problems for 'Kick It Out'...

Jason Roberts Et al are being ridiculous

I wouldn't be surprised if Rio "the mouth" Ferdinand was actually behind this.

Kick it out is a campaign not a political party,it is there to spread the message re racism not act as god on it.

These players who are kicking the campaign are misguided and in some cases up themselves

There isn't really a problem in this country anymore with racism,there will always be one or two cases here and there and yes,they ar one or two cases too much but murder is wrong,stealing is wrong etc etc and these will always happen,only hope that they can be minimised

Maybe it's Rio Ferdinand who needs to be kicked out of football then?

There's now talk of forming a "black players association". IMO that would be a retrograde step in trying to stamp out racism because it alienates players solely because of the colour of their skin, which is surely what every right thinking person wants eradicated.

I wonder what would happen if an Asian player, or a white guy who may possibly have black children applied to join and his application was rejected on the grounds of colour?, would that rejection in itself be a form of racism?.

A fair point Alan - racism is not a one-way street.

Although, I've been called 'Casper' and 'White B*stard' by black players in the past. But I've been told it's not racist.

A fair point Alan - racism is not a one-way street.

Although, I've been called 'Casper' and 'White B*stard' by black players in the past. But I've been told it's not racist.

Never heard Casper being used before, great nickname though for a white honky like me, and in no way offensive IMO. I used to work for a company that was big on political correctness and diversity and we was told we mustn't call an Aussie colleague Skippy because it was racist, even though his Pom mother had call him it since he was about five years old.

Archived