Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Vs Ash

The lads eased into the next round and a tie against AFC Wimbledon with a nice 2-0 win over a battling Ash team. In difficult conditions and a foggy night it was 0-0 at the break with both teams having a couple of decent chances. Dan having a goal chalked off for offside and one cleared off the line.

Second half, we started bright and Bits put us ahead with a 20 yarder in off the post. Soon two up when the ball broke for Dan who made no mistake from 10 yards. Tyler pulled off a couple of decent saves and will be happy with his clean sheet.

Well done everyone!

I have it on good authority ... the Womble that sits behind me at work, that as Wimbledon do not have a reserve side they normally field a mixture of Academy and First team for these games, although with the change of management it may be different this season.

Well done, lads.

Great - potential for me to boo Harrison! :P

(lights blue touch paper and waits for Beano to reply! ^_^ )

Hmm... elevenses!

You and I have a slight difference of opinion where Byron is concerned, Eddie, and that's fine. While I would not boo, and would not agree with you if you chose to, I'd respect that choice.

There are one or two players where I would feel differently (not that I intend to expand upon that on a public forum) but I prefer to focus on our current crop of players, who are doing us proud.

Serious question time.

what do you think influences a game more, booing a oppo or cheering on one of your own players?

In 18 months time a university will come up with the findings, no doubt!

* and should that read "An" University? and if not why not! ............

I think it's 'a university' because of the 'yoo' sound at the start of the word. by the way, it's 'an oppo'! :lol:

Talking of which, please note the emoticons after my sentences. Of course I'd be cheering the lads on.

Shame we won't be playing against Bones, though. That would have been good.

By the way, was the Ash United fan who incessantly shouts "Ash, Ash, Ash United" throughout the game there last night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBF6kQSCP2Y

Ahhh top marks Ed! you found my deliberate mistake...........

Mr Ash, Ash, Ash was not there....luckily

Nice people though and a lovely cupper in a real cup!

Archived