Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nigel Adkins sacked by Southampton

missunderstood

First Chelsea sack the manager a couple of months after he wins them the Champions League, and now Southampton sack the manager that delivers two consecutive promotions and takes them back into the premier league.

Has football become more of a basket case than even I thought it has.

First Chelsea sack the manager a couple of months after he wins them the Champions League, and now Southampton sack the manager that delivers two consecutive promotions and takes them back into the premier league.

Has football become more of a basket case than even I thought it has.

Whilst I understand the sympathy shown to the sacked Manager, I'm guessing the SFC Board have taken a view that just because NA could 'cut it' in League One and the Championship, doesn't mean he can do it in the Premiership.

It's no different with players. How many of the side that got SFC promoted from League One are still First Team regulars? I'm guessing not many............

Whilst I understand the sympathy shown to the sacked Manager, I'm guessing the SFC Board have taken a view that just because NA could 'cut it' in League One and the Championship, doesn't mean he can do it in the Premiership.

It's no different with players. How many of the side that got SFC promoted from League One are still First Team regulars? I'm guessing not many............

2 defeats in the last 12 aint bad and who is this Argie no mark, Ex Espanyol??? Where's his Premiership credentials.

Hope they go down.

It just shows how cut-throat the Premiership is.

However, to replace a good manager like Adkins with somebody who (and I quote) has won 49 out of 146 games at Espanyol is a wee bit crazy.

Surely there are better candidates out there - Di Matteo for one?

History dictates they will probably go down now and I hope they do

Pray they do you mean, surely there must be more too it as Adkins is also the nicest man in football

According to Sky he has the highest win ratio of any Southampton manager since 1912. What exactly has he done wrong? I hope the board have a genuine reason for letting him go because from the outside it seems a crazy decision.

Archived