Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rangers could play in Blue Square Conference within next 5 years!

RalphC

Glasgow giants are keen to move south

The Chief Executive of Rangers FC, Charles Green, has predicted the Scottish giants could be playing Conference Premier football within the next five years. It opens up the mouth-watering prospect of Tamworth taking on Rangers and Celtic in the future. Green said: "Could you imagine the income generation Rangers and Celtic would create in the Conference? Every Conference stadium would be full. Whether it is next week because the English authorities change their mind or, in five to ten years, Rangers and Celtic will leave Scotland. I would like to think within five years. I say to English clubs: Don't be afraid of the unknown."

Lambs chairman Bob Andrews said there had been no fresh discussions about the prospect of the Glasgow giants joining the Conference. "It's not something that has been discussed in any detail at all," he said. "Whether that will change in the long-term future, I don't know. It's one of those things that is just open-ended I think.

From The Tamworth Herald

-----------------------

Just wondered what others think of this....

Would they even be allowed to start in the Conference?

Always said the Glaswegians were a bit 'nutty !

Then again, who knows what will happen in five years time. There's talk today, among the rugby nut fraternity in town, that the four Welsh rugby regions will be joining the Aviva Premiership in a bid to stop haemorraging cash lost whilst playing in the Rabo Pro12.

Could/would/should it happen? Heaven only knows (to ad lib ELO).

There was a rumour going around that were Cardiff City to go under, that Rangers could possibly take their place in League 1 next season (all the sides would be moved up a place this season, meaning a spare spot would be opened up).

The SPL/SFL has fallen out of love with Rangers due to the Craig Whyte saga, so if they are seriously looking to play among the Sassenach's then maybe it's possible.

The New Saints have also looked at joining the Conference North/Northern Premier League in recent years.

Archived