Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Easter Monday : Windsor v Guernsey 1pm. FREE ENTRY !!!

Bins

Come and enjoy seeing the FA Vase Semi-Finalists at Stag Meadow today.

Gates Open 11.30am

Kick-Off 1pm

Bar and Hot Food

Great Entertainment

:DAND IT'S FREE ENTRY !!

:D

Enjoyable game today. 1st half display by Guernsey was incredibly impressive. Bearing in mind the substitutions and red card 6-1 probably didn't flatter them (men against boys on the break) but there was some very good football played by both teams.

Ross Allen should be earning money from playing football. He could do a job at League 2 for sure and could go further. Fast, incisive and clinical.

Their passing and movement all over the pitch was delightful to watch in that 1st 45.

Credit to us we kept trying to play football but, as I've said before, we haven't got a real striker or any real muscle up front so it's very difficult to get anything out of teams that are organised and experienced at the back. And we lack the pace and strength to cover quick breaks. It's been the same all season, especially evident when Chris Ellis has been elsewhere.

2nd half was very different, in that Ross Allen didn't come out (a hat trick was quite enough thank you very much) and we brought on Harold Pearse and Kane Jones who livened things up. Guernsey going down to 10 men also helped of course, but I thought we played some lovely football and could / should have made more from the chances created. (We won't talk about the pen or the follow up effort though!).

I thought our 3 best players were the 17 year olds, Legg, Pearse and Jones. I really hope they are still with us next season, but that's a long way off of course and may be a pipedream. I really like the way Jones has developed this season; if he continues to mature and maybe learn to relax in front of goal a bit he could do very well for us in the next year or 2. (Shades of Ben Harris maybe...?)

Bullie's injury as the 1st goal went in didn't help but probably made little difference.

Well done Guernsey, but heads up Windsor!

Wanted to post on here what I've just posted on the CCL board, but also to add thanks to everyone at the club for making today's game possible. A lot of work behind the scenes and once again proud to be a Windsor FC supporter.

"A loss today but on behalf of the Windsor FC Supporters Club wanted to thank everyone from Guernsey for making today such a terrific day andfor supporting so kindly with the charity donations etc. What a thoroughly nice bunch of supporters, players and management. Absolute credit to their club. We had a great trip trip there in December and we hope we repaid that hospitality today. Great that Roary the Lion made it over him and Scotty the Stag looked like best friends!! People have questioned Guernsey's participation in the division and some have accused them of arrogance but in our two games what a great bunch of people. Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you secure promotion! And if you do the clubs should definitely consider a pre season friendly!"

I would whole heartedly echo Geggy's comments. Really nice bunch and considering how down they must be after Saturday's result nice to see so many come and their mascot for what I would imagine for them is not a big game.

I would also like to say that our boys played some nice football, we clearly lack an out and out goalscorer on the pitch, but I don't think we were totally outplayed, they just finished when they got the chance and we didn't. Guernsey were the better side, but if you could have had Allen up front for us instead of them I wonder what the result would have been?

I guess ultimately 11-3 aggregate score says it all...........

It would be nice if we could regularly attract half the attendance of yesterday, I think our football and great club atmosphere deserves it!!!

Finally, if we keep the squad we have now, and with a few additions, I would say we will be challenging for the title next year.

Brilliant all round day (except for the result)

513, so yes, considering it clashed with Chelsea v ManU (and to a lesser extent Burnham v Slough) that's not a bad turnout.

Good effort. Its a shame that all those extra fans didn't go away celebrating a home win and enthused to return, but you can't have it all I suppose. Hopefully a fair few will have enjoyed the experience and consider returning. Non League needs all the fans it can get.

Archived