Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

My rant from a far

Hornchurch "O"

or My review of the Season

For the 1st season since i've been going Hornchurch there were some performances where we were totally rubbish. Felt that some of the players should have stood up and been counted.

Too many goals conceded gfrom inside the 6 yard box.

Not enough chances taken by ourselves.

Anoying thing is that there were some really excellent performances, so you knew we were capable of playing a lot better.

We did not get much of The Rub of the Green in a lot of games which cost us dearly.

Had some great weekends and midweek trips such as Weston-Super-Mare, Truro and Dorchester.

Brilliant day out for The Essex Cup Final

Hopefully we'll keep most of the playing staff and give it a good go next season.

Thanks to all the players, staff and match day helpers.

I know you all put in a lot of hard work.

I WILL BE BACK

Have a good summer.

UP THE URCHINS

Yeah, Me too.

I think the management did really well bearing in mind the level of the opposition and the budget restraints that were clearly upon the club. I wonder how Bath and Farnborough would have done if they had kept to the same budget?

Maybe the fitness level of Paul Goodacre didn't help us as he was clearly a big signing for us.

Would we have done better with him fit or maybe a striker/creative midfielder instead? Never know now and it's easy to say these things in hindsight.

Nutter of the year must go to Elliot Styles who I think would literially walk through fire to play football.

Maybe there was an over-reliance on the odd player that didn't always do it for us.

Overall, no complaints - interesting season.

the new players that were brought in at the start of the season were apart from alex bentley disapointing none of the others lasted the season or in some cases only a few weeks , think we were not far off the pace of the league just chucked away so many sloppy goals though out the season and in the end thats what cost us and thats something that will still need looking at next season ..

Think in fact that the goals conceded compared well with at least half the teams in the league, it was lack of fire-power that was our undoing.

Just nineteen goals scored at home isn't the stuff of mid-table safety. Mind you some of those goals were crackers, much better than the sloppy goals scored by the opposition.

Archived