Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WMRL - Everything that's wrong in non-league football

With its usual arrogance the WMRL decided to refuse Bilston Town promotion. Bilston Town appealed to the FA and the WMRL quite deservedly lost. As long as leagues remain in the hands of people who regard them as their personal little empires ruling with the arrogance that comes with their supposed powers, there will always be problems. I urge any clubs who find themselves in the same position as Bilston to question the edicts and take your challenges to the FA.

You mean the Juggins?  Yeah, right bunch of marrow heads.

I played in the WMRL briefly last decade, and nobody had a good word to say about them.  I did hear that Wendy recently went off on one when somebody on NLM dared to criticise her.

It's the worst run Step 6 - the Mid Comb is FAR better (I did hear that Stafford Town want to switch back there).

Lets face it,a large number of officials involved in the game live in a bygone age where they not the clubs,fans,players are the most important people in the game,whereas everyone should be equal.

The game needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom,then we may finally see it flourish as before,not just the top echelons of football society.

We held an Essex cup Final a few years back and the bigwigs were notable in their absence,many believe it was because the game was staged at our ground which isn't in the same league as Dagenham and Southend,Colchester,Chelmsford etc in terms of hospitality.They don't care about the game,just what they can get out if it, old school tie network if every I saw one

You heard right about Wendy - she's always going off on one when anyone dares to criticise the way the league do things. Usually she cries !!!!!! Juggins himself had a go at the clubs about the unpleasantness they get from the members. I wonder why !!!!!!! And I would love someone to tell me the purpose of "The Committee", and how people get on to it.

You heard right about Wendy - she's always going off on one when anyone dares to criticise the way the league do things. Usually she cries !!!!!! Juggins himself had a go at the clubs about the unpleasantness they get from the members. I wonder why !!!!!!! And I would love someone to tell me the purpose of "The Committee", and how people get on to it.

There's usually a pretty good answer to that, O & W !

Neptism - The 'Old Pals Act',  and the 'Scratch My Back'  syndrome are just three that spring to mind..

Archived