Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Where's Zippy ????

No response to any texts, and his mobile goes straight to voice-mail.

All very strange !

For info - received the following e-mail from UKFF last week -

Dear Colin

I have just seen your message so apologies for the delay

The person who arranged this Adam King was told over three weeks ago 
to cancel this fixture because it clashed with our Managers 50th 
birthday and he is the only one who could drive the bus I can send you 
the email where he confirmed he will do so.

I now know why he has suddenly disappeared and is not replying any of 
our messages.

I can only profusely apologise as i was not aware at all that he had 
not cancelled the fixture and rearranged to January as I requested.

Ewemade Orobator
Director of Football
UKFF FC
www.ukfffc.co.uk

I hope Adam is ok, I certainly would be surprised if he's disappeared off the face of Non League UK over a game not being fulfilled. It's not as if that sort of thing has never happened before is it? These things happen and a simple heartfelt apology goes a long way to ameliorating any bad feeling.

I hope Adam is ok, I certainly would be surprised if he's disappeared off the face of Non League UK over a game not being fulfilled. It's not as if that sort of thing has never happened before is it? These things happen and a simple heartfelt apology goes a long way to ameliorating any bad feeling.

Reading between the lines, I think he had disappeared before the game...

Well I'd like to put my own interpretation on events with absolutely no (or very little) contributory evidence.

Young Adam turned up on these august pages full of sp unk (for that word used to also mean something else and is almost certainly banned on here and in its entirety will be reduced to a bunch of meaningless stars) on a mission to prove that he alone (or with the help of a few others) could make a difference in Non League Football. Erudite and having a large capacity of self belief he took on all comers, the usual cynics, jobsworths and naysayers. In any case, the usual small minded non league set determined to keep non league football to themselves and played on Hackney Marshes or similar if at all possible. Finally overcome with the bitter truth that no-one actually had any interest in actually doing anything that would (actually again) raise Non League Football above the level of ankle deep mud it found itself in and following a falling out with an organisation he'd pinned his star to (like his sleeve) Adam finally hung up his (metaphorical) boots and decided to go and find something else to be erudite about. The End.

With the usual disclaimers of course, providing young Adam isn't lying in a hospital or worse still, a morgue or underground. RIP Zippy.

I hope he is well.

For what it's worth, he and I had many exchanges of e-mails, and I know for a fact he is/was a dedicated follower of non league football with a vast knowledge and a data-base like mind of players and availability.

I'll give it a while for the dust to settle, if there is any dust to settle and then attempt contact again.

John R.

• 4 months later...

He has definately been on here since then

Using one of his other names?

Absolutely no contact with Zippy at all !

I have sent him a brief e-mail to the last address I had for him.