Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

prawnchurch + ref 1 Billericay 2

stormin norman

Ricay had a massive following at the athletics track, first half billericay totally dominated the game with 2 goals from Rikki sappleton (1pen), we could &should imo have had a second pen when 2-0 up...prawnchurch scored with virtually the last kick of the first half which was their first shot on target.The 2nd half the home side dominated .Ricay had Halle sent off for a second yellow & junior luke who had come on as a sub was also sent off for a very debatable 2nd yellow .Ricay down to 9 men held on even after an inept performance from a card happy ref who also managed to add on 6 minutes at the end of the game

The boys were excellent today against a well organised 12 players

Thoroughly deserved victory and there were heroes across the park who put in more than just a shift. If anyone edged the MOM, my choice would be Ricky who scored the penalty and then the second with a sublime overhead kick. When Halle got sent off, he went in the back line and showed all his experience when we were under the cosh at the end.

Whilst the Urchins dominated against 10 and then 9, our keeper was generally comfortable.

I don't think we can argue about Halle's two yellows and I didn't really see the incident that got Junior sent off. I do feel however that the ref was inconsistent between the two sides and when their last man gave away the penalty, he wasn't even booked - there were countless other examples but hey I'm biased   COYB  ps crowd 444 boosted by a good blues turnout.

Well I've been to many a blues game now and my fair share of games at the community race track in Urchinland, This by far has to be one of the best fought wins by a billericay team.

First half: the Ref was not going to blow until the Urchinettes got a goal.  Sapp's Pen was a lesson for Young Joe on how to bang it in. (Joking joe)  & then the slowest, slenderest, fleeting most precise bicycle kick ever and Sapp's does it again. SUBLIME.

Second half: The ref obviously got a bollicking from Grant & Co for not earning his keep, he came out determined to even the odds in the Urchins favour, One sent off and they couldn't score against our rock solid will & might, Two sent off and still they struggled and seemed to only feed our team & fans to go on and hold out for a win.

Plan Z for the Ref & the Urchins bench, Let's book the Blues keeper for getting a head injury. It was getting beyond a joke and almost like a Sun newspaper made up back page.

But unbeknownst to the Blues Grant & Co  & the men in black had one last card up their sleeve. let's add on six mins. So the little OLD GIT that sit's on the bucket got off his arse and with all his might held his Etcha -Sketch aloft to show 6 mins added time.

The ref being as consistent as he had been all day allowed EIGHT mins extra time and still the URCHINS could not penetrate the might of Billericay.    

And todays lesson was.  NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR NEIGHBOURS.   Hat's off to your flag keeper by the way LMAO

At this point i'd like to wish all our friends at Hornchurch all the best for the remainder of the season.

Another Christmas classic that will live long in the memory. 9 v 14 given the antics of all three officals and we still take all the points. Thanks boys for making it an even happier christmas for us Blues fans. More of the same on heavy pitches home and away in 2014 please.

It was my Son's first match of the season, having come home for Xmas, and he said it was the best 10 quids entertainment he had had for a long while.

From the pre-match music, to the programme notes, to the comedian in black and his elves, it was non stop pantomime.

On one serious note, I do find it distasteful when players crowd the referee and try to get fellow players sent off. It's called ungentlemanly conduct and any decent referee would stop it by issuing a yellow card to those concerned. Too much to expect yesterday, as he was determined not to book any home player.

The whole team put in a shift yesterday with some really outstanding performances, notably Callum and Josh.

Sapp's was just outstanding at both ends, and his contribution in defense went a long way towards us winning all three points.

Had there been an award for MOM, which there wasn't....Ricky Sappleton would have won it.

"we're just a team of fatties"

All in all, an enjoyable day.out.

Archived