Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Our next midweek game should be a celebration...

Beano

Thoroughly deserved. I have nothing but complete respect for these pillars of our club and the community, with all the hard work they've put in and the enjoyment they've given us. Hearty congratulations. 

On a much lesser note, the Harefield game's the day before my 52nd birthday, and I've booked my birthday off work as always, as I don't want any cr#p on my big day of the year so, if anyone wants to buy me, Alan and Bob a drink, I don't think any of us would say no!  :D

PS - Beano, will you be there as MC next Tuesday? I think the medal ceremony deserves someone with aplomb and committee experience who can 'big it up' in the right manner. Plus, you might be more sober than me at kick-off!

I feel very honoured but it's also a sad day as ex-player Ray Bridges will be cremated earlier in the day (2.00 pm at Hanworth Crematorium).  He was a big part of our club for many years.

Sadly I cannot attend the service as I have a prior engagement in the afternoon the timing of which had already been changed to accommodate the evening presentation and one that I cannot reasonably escape from.  Ray will be very much in my thoughts though and I shall be back at the club later in the afternoon though and hope to see any of our ex-players who may come along following the cremation.

Alan

PS - Beano, will you be there as MC next Tuesday? I think the medal ceremony deserves someone with aplomb and committee experience who can 'big it up' in the right manner. Plus, you might be more sober than me at kick-off!

As proud as I am to be mentioned in the same post as the great men, whether I can be at next week's match is out of my hands.  My other half is in hospital at the moment, and her parents are being absolutely brilliant in terms of support so that I can go to work, but there's no way I could ask them to look after Lilly so I could be at a match. It just wouldn't be fair.

Of course, if Steph recovers, things might change, especially as she wants to be at the Harefield game to congratulate Bob and Alan herself.

On a happier note, it is absolutely brilliant that The FA have approved Bob and Alan's nominations for the 50 Year Medal, as I cannot think of two more deserving people. Consider this; until February 1986, our club played its home matches at the Recreation Ground in Clockhouse Lane.  Just over 20 years later we were regularly playing (and beating) Staines Town in League matches at a ground of our own which could, if required, safely accommodate over 2,000 spectators.  Whatever bumps in the road the club has been encountering in the last 2-3 years, that's still one hell of an upward curve. It wouldn't have happened without Bob and Alan.

I'm proud to have worked alongside them for the good of this club for the last seven years and to be able to count them both among my friends.  

Blimey! Give Steph (and Lilly) my love.

No worries about Tuesday. I'll only have a couple at most before kick-off. I've copied your narrative off the web, so I might dip into that (or say the whiole lot) while giving you a literary credit over the mic.

Not sure what you would have made of the Egham match if you'd gone! 

Archived