Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues v Maidstone United

I'm curious as to what our Gift of the Gaz has in store for tonight pre game musical delights?

Hope we get a good gate tonight it's the least the lads deserve for the last few games.

COYB

3 - 3 thriller tonight according to the Ryman League site? Reasonable 300+ attendance for a Tuesday night game also mentioned.

Excellent game and a fair result IMO. The stones where a strong side and reminded me of Tunbridge with the amount of diving,screaming & moaning that went on. It was embarrassing to see grown men act like that & get away with it.

Billericay battled hard and never gave up, held on for a well deserved point. any other team and i would have fancied us for the 3 points. 

I was a very proud Mr Brightside Bloke tonight.

Well done lads 

Another good point about tonight was seeing a NON League players agent (leach) not being allowed in to the game for free. Well done Mr clipboard man for sticking to your guns

A really entertaining game that deserved a gate of more than 254.

Despite some of their antics, Maidstone were a good side and it took some last ditch defending to keep them out on many occasions. Town for their part, gave everything and having led twice and then fallen behind, I feared it was game over. However, substitute Geoff Mitchell came on and got the goal his recent performances deserved - it was a sweet strike from the edge of the box that gave their keeper no chance.

Nice to see Richard Halle geeing the lads up in the second half but he needs to lay off the referees with the verbals. On that note, a word for the referee, who I thought had a very good game. He was in a zone where he switched off, let the game flow and was determined not to give a free kick, unless he felt it was nailed on. ( it was a close call on the Maidstone penalty shout). He was also deaf to all the bitching going on. There were occasions where the game threatened to 'boil over' but he handled it well - I only recall 2 yellows, so well done to him and his team.

With the majority of Associations now accepting 3G pitches, it is a shame for Maidstone that they will not be allowed in the play-offs - The Conference ruling is truly shameful.

COYB

A great game. I certainly enjoyed it and thought both teams were well matched. It was good to see some real spirit out there from the lads. At 3-2 down, we still didn't give up and got the just deserts in an equaliser. A draw I thought was a fair result, shame some of our "plastic" friends didn't think so.

Never mind. Onwards to this Thursday.

Watching a game over the fence until its free entry isn't the way to impress future clients, :wacko:

As for the game, a top effort from both sides helped by a good performance by the ref, resulted in great entertainment. I was particularly pleased with how we scored three very different goals.

Its taken a while, but our lads now know that team effort and team spirit will take them a long way.  They are a good level headed group who could go far. Well done Lads.

And we do it all again tomorrow....COYB.

Archived