Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues v Enfield Town

I remember when we were in a similar situation and the team played just like Enfield tonight to keep us out of the drop zone. Gutted that we lost but glad that Enfield are not going down.

The lads have been coming up with the results in catch up mode so we are bound to drop a game here and there. I'd rather loose to them (Screaming aside) then to maidstone or canvey.

Lots of players out of position tonight but fair play to enfield they never gave up. They screamed and the ref gave it almost every time.

The ref (imo) was embarrassing both as a ref and as a bloke. I think he may have been frightened by that old guy that manages enfield. 

I thought we missed Poole's assertiveness tonight. (again IMO) Joe B should have played from the start.

Bring it on for Saturday in the sunshine at NewLodge.

Keep the faith Blues.

In 10th place...........Keep pushing lads

I remember when we were in a similar situation and the team played just like Enfield tonight to keep us out of the drop zone. Gutted that we lost but glad that Enfield are not going down.

The lads have been coming up with the results in catch up mode so we are bound to drop a game here and there. I'd rather loose to them (Screaming aside) then to maidstone or canvey.

Lots of players out of position tonight but fair play to enfield they never gave up. They screamed and the ref gave it almost every time.

The ref (imo) was embarrassing both as a ref and as a bloke. I think he may have been frightened by that old guy that manages enfield. 

I thought we missed Poole's assertiveness tonight. (again IMO) Joe B should have played from the start.

Bring it on for Saturday in the sunshine at NewLodge.

Keep the faith Blues.

In 10th place...........Keep pushing lads

Love the "old guy" comment ;).... On the sunshine front we have a lovely autumnal day in Adelaide today with an expected top of 26c...luvvly jubbly! B)

Hmmmmm okay. Those lads which have played all the games in this marathon of games over the past two weeks were tired. But in my opinion they were not served well by those that were fresher but obviously not fitter. And that was a shame because, up to last night the core of players used over the past week or to had, by and large have put in a huge effort.

I suppose last night's game for those players was just one too far but with a small squad we have what we have. I agree we missed Glen Poole but we also missed something down the spine of the team last night and sadly it was there we lacked so much.

I still stand by my programme notes that will appear in this Saturday's edition as I believe Craig has brought together a core of players which can be built on for future success at the club. Unfortunately tired legs on their part was not compensated by those players that were fresher

Agree with much of the above. We looked tired I make that the 6th game in 12 days and with games on Saturday and Monday coming up it will be a big ask for the team. Enfield look like they have the fight to stay up. The early penalty helped them but we missed a few sitters and were made to pay.

A very poor game with both sides best attributes being work rate, physicality and team spirit. Quality and ability left the pitch early doors. Saying that, it was a moderately entertaining affair! The gamesmanship of Enfield was akin to the Braintree sides of old with the No.9 taking the plaudits for his 'he looks dead' routine. How we haven't scored is a mystery with chances going begging left, right and centre. Enfield on the other hand, two shots, two goals. The handball 'miss' from the referee probably summed his and our night up.

10 home defeats is both shocking and damaging. Attendances are well down with even hardcore support being eaten into. Record number of home defeats for a league campaign is 13 in a relegation year. We've 5 left to play. Roll on Saturday...

A very poor game with both sides best attributes being work rate, physicality and team spirit. Quality and ability left the pitch early doors. Saying that, it was a moderately entertaining affair! The gamesmanship of Enfield was akin to the Braintree sides of old with the No.9 taking the plaudits for his 'he looks dead' routine. How we haven't scored is a mystery with chances going begging left, right and centre. Enfield on the other hand, two shots, two goals. The handball 'miss' from the referee probably summed his and our night up.

10 home defeats is both shocking and damaging. Attendances are well down with even hardcore support being eaten into. Record number of home defeats for a league campaign is 13 in a relegation year. We've 5 left to play. Roll on Saturday...

How's the happy pills working ?

The home form is a dilemma considering we have only lost 4 of 19 away.

Credit to Enfield football club, they are in a real relegation battle and managed to beat us on all fronts.

Even though we couldn't match Tuesdays performance, our players have heart, They were camped in Enfileds half for most of the game, ....they didn't chuck the towel in.. and they will be there Saturday giving their all

Billericay Town Football club has no automatic right to a top five spot, that has to be earned.

Div 6 would be nice, but whilst BTFC is in div 7, I'll enjoy it.

Anyway...pooley is available for Saturday, the sun is going to shine, and I feel three points heading our way....COYB !!

Those tabs you gave me the other day worked a treat thanks!

Why home & away form should be so polarized is anyone's guess.

Happy to have helped.

Why anyone would choose to polarise the negatives is anyone's guess.

Happy to have helped.

Maybe if you spent more time going to games that involves time effort and money you might understand why some people have a moan up every so often.

Anyways front foot forward 2 more booked in for the Lowestoft special it's gonna be a good un :elephant:

PS

There are only 9 seats available left for this trip get involved.

Happy to have helped.

Polarize the negatives? Is that even possible? Home & away form is in contrast. Away form is promotion, home form is relegation.

Archived