Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Egham v Daventry

Plus the fact that the evenings are lighter for longer, since last weekend. Be interesting to find out more, for instance if Daventry refused to play on.

Abandoned tonight after just two minutes - partial floodlight failure.  Obviously not the same official who decided our match at Egham could carry on despite a similar occurrence!

Alan, it was just about the same lot of lights that went out as well. Ref stopped play then had a chat with the 2 managers and one of the Bennetts (I always get Dan and Steve mixed up). The decision was made to turn all the lights off, let them cool down and then turn them back on.

When they did 20 minutes later even less lights came on than before making it an easier decision to call it off

Daventry had a tricky journey to get there in the first place but for the most part took it in good grace though I think one of the players had taken unpaid time off work judging by the swearing he was doing as he came off the pitch  

Don't think the recent flooding helped but Egham obviously have a problem with the lights , or is it just when I go there :-)

Archived