Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

President Bush

Quote:
CANV EFM said:
it will be by me.

What respected? Well, like i said before, you seem to know the ins and outs of the political world here, so unfortunately i can not stress my opinions on this subject without them being mocked.

I will however stress that America was trying to stay out of WW2 until comlpetely necessary as they did not believe that war was the way to go, and it was infact our problem.

It wasn't until pearl Harbour was attacked, that America actually declared war. I believe that it was sometime in December, but i forget the year, i think it may have been 1943 in which the war was turning for us anyway, as we had saved France and were pushing Hitler back.

Then you have the cold war and the weapons race after that in which the US and Russia both fought in the race to build the biggest bomb, so there you go, men once again trying to prove that they are better because they have something bigger than the next man.

Oooooohhhhhhhhh! Did they? No i din't know that! When did they declare war on America? As far as i'm aware we declared war on Germany becasue they invaded Poland.

Inform me Canv, of this decloration of War from Germany, and when it happened so that i can update my intelligence and i can be aware if it in the future!

any chance of seperate thread about the meaning of life.

Back to Bush, people

but...

My understanding of it , re WW2 oopening months, was had Hitler chosen to follow throu with his original invasion plans, instead of turning his attention to The Russians, the Battle of Britain would have been an irrelevance (in the sense that we would have been invaded easily)

he had more than enough troops/hardware ready and waiting

maybe his mate Rothermere had a quiet word in his shell like...

Quote:
CANV EFM said:
the germans declared war on america in accordance with their treaty with thier allies the japanese .. this would have been about 15 minutes after they started bombing the fk out of pearl harbour for the japs.. i guess the nazis gave it a day or two before they signed up..

Thanks Canv! I didn't realise that this is when the Germans Declared war on the US. i did realise that the Japanese were on the Germans' side, but they sort of cut their strings with Germany towards the end and carried on their own little war against the world. Even after Germany surrendered, japan still continued and it didn't stop until "that" bomb was droped! Did you see "the rising of the sun"? I thought it was brilliant.