Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 3 The Town 1

Swifty

Another good result, against a team who didn't look like a side hovering above the drop zone. We won comfortably (not as comfortably as we should have done, in truth), but Farnham certainly played their part.

Once Bitz put us ahead with another of his predatorial goals in the 8th minute, we half expected an easy win. Somehow we only turned around the one goal ahead, so Tom Brunton's fine finish three minutes after the restart settled our nerves...for all of two minutes.  We gave away a corner from which Jack Dillon bulleted his header home. We couldn't take anything for granted, so it was a bit of a relief when Beads scored his by now customary goal a game in the 65th and we took full control of the later stages.

Farnham keeper Mick Hawthorne was probably overall man of the match. While Tyler had a relatively quiet day, Hawthorne commanded his area well and made a decent number of saves, some straightforward, some reflex and a couple of smart ones. When he was beaten all ends up, either we hit the post (twice) or saw an effort just go the wrong side of the post (twice again).

One day we will end up mullering a team and hitting them for six or seven. Mind you, I'd prefer we did that against a dirty or indisciplined side who deserve it. Both teams were exemplary today, with not one bad foul, any backchat to the officials, or a hint of a card. Much quieter than last Saturday's game at the RPS!

Another performace where every Ash Tree had a good game and contributed to the win. Difficult to choose our man of the match. Conor, in from the start, battled and muscled his way for everything and, on another day, he would have been MOTM, though skipper Els probably just shaded it for me today with some fine tackling and passing. I also thought Clarke and Ryan gave very spritely cameos as subs. 

Special mention should go to the stand-in 'lino' who was drafted in at half an hour's notice and played a blinder. Wish we had more like him in this league!

It's very difficult to pick a man of the match at the moment. Everyone is playing well and putting in a shift. Very refreshing! Various People say who they the M o M is and often it's hard to argue with, even if it's not your choice! I went for Elz in the end. Tommy was the winner yesterday. BTW top marks for Chad for running the comp!

Well done to the lads, a great all round performance, I liked the way Ashford kept the ball and looked for the pass, so refreshing to see, instead of just lumping the ball forward like some of teams who visit Ashford do, with that in mind, for his non-stop running and  passing game I would give motm to Conor Moody for an excellent all round display against Farnham( why are they near the bottom of the league? with the part they played in the match it makes a mockery of their league position).

Is that 9 wins on the trot? and if so is that some kind of record?

Agree with MOM, although Keiron, Alex and Conor were all in the running IMO... Should have a hatful really shouldn't we.... :wacko:

Archived