Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

25-10-14: Billericay Town v Peacehaven

Thought we had this one in the bag.

It certainly was not down to lack of effort by the players. They were a big side who made it very hard for our guys going forward. It wasn't pretty but overall i thought we shaded them.

They did well to get the leveller.

Nice touch that both our players & our supporters/spectators applauded each other at the finish. RESPECT  

Can't believe we didn't win that one. We worked hard as a team but again we weren't strong enough to be able to see the game out at the back. Hopefully we can encourage our young forwards to have a pop when a chance arises. There were a few occasions where the responsibility to shoot was passed to others.

The formation change seems to be benefiting Pooley and Cyrus but Jacob and the lad up top look as if they would work better as a pair. I'm not sure what the answer is to that.

Three league games unbeaten or eight without a win...three points in our next League game would be very welcome but hopefully a bit of Cup progress to be made before then.

Third pony ref in a row.

Once in a very rare while you see a decent referee at this level but then obviously they get promoted. However our chap yesterday was just as inconsistent as his Premier League counterparts in dealing with "manhandling" in the penalty area. I couldn't believe the amount of times Richard Halle was impeded/held back in the opposition box.

I wouldn't criticise our defence for conceding late - overall I think they are one of the better back lines in this division. The problem yesterday, was not taking our chances to relieve the risk of what eventually happened.

Well done to Cyrus for his goal and a good all round individual performance. COYB

Archived