Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup away to Wellingborough

B378

Unfortunately I can't go as I am working this weekend. However a few in the crowd on Saturday were asking, if there was a coach planned for this trip?

Reports say Ashford Town won  1 - 8 (Eight).

Well done guys.

An emphatic win over The Doughboys in front of a small crowd - it wasn't hundreds and thousands - but it was handy as we kneaded the prize money!

Credit to Wellingborough, at no stage did they roll over, but we could have scored a baker's dozen. The icing on the cake was Bitz's hat-trick, but big respect to Fleminho for laying on two of those goals selflessly. Dan scored one, as did Beads and Samad, and Bayley took the biscuit by scoring twice.

The home captain had a cob on (Midlands term for temper) for most of the game, and his language was certainly tart!

We appear to have a great batch of players this season, and young Bayley was very impressive and he looks a bloomer, but we mustn't get carried away - back now to the bread and butter of the league! 

Huge thanks to groundhopping mate and Wellingborough Town programme editor Neil Morris, who didn't think I was a doughnut and asked me to contribute an article to today's journal. Typical of Neil's Black Country humour, he used his loaf with a comment immediately after the final whistle - "When's the return leg?"  :D

Well done lads, wish I had driven a few miles further having seen Exeter lose 3-0 at Northampton. What date / when will we know our next round opponents?

Next round 29th August, we are at home to Oxley Jets or Kempston Rovers who drew 0-0 today and replay Tuesday.

An emphatic win over The Doughboys in front of a small crowd - it wasn't hundreds and thousands - but it was handy as we kneaded the prize money!

Credit to Wellingborough, at no stage did they roll over, but we could have scored a baker's dozen. The icing on the cake was Bitz's hat-trick, but big respect to Fleminho for laying on two of those goals selflessly. Dan scored one, as did Beads and Samad, and Bayley took the biscuit by scoring twice.

The home captain had a cob on (Midlands term for temper) for most of the game, and his language was certainly tart!

We appear to have a great batch of players this season, and young Bayley was very impressive and he looks a bloomer, but we mustn't get carried away - back now to the bread and butter of the league! 

Huge thanks to groundhopping mate and Wellingborough Town programme editor Neil Morris, who didn't think I was a doughnut and asked me to contribute an article to today's journal. Typical of Neil's Black Country humour, he used his loaf with a comment immediately after the final whistle - "When's the return leg?"  :D

Crumbs  !  You really rolled them over !!

:bolt:

Archived