Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SCR vs Hanworth - highlights

FITBhighlights

Very controversial indeed. Thoughts? 

Well done to Hanworth Villa by the way, don't want to seem biased by pointing out the controversies affecting SCR in the video description

Well .... ball over the line? Impossible to see from the camera angle especially as a defender had the cheek to obstruct the view.

The timing of the final whistle .... there will be those that say when time is up then the whistle blows but there are enough problems in the game without officials creating their own. Notice the lack of support from the two assistants at the end!

I certainly agree with your first sentence, Footy.  I looked at it twice and it's impossible to tell.

Of course in English Premiership football, it could be decided by goal-line technology.

Having been there on the night there was no doubt the ball crossed the line, though unfortunately it is hard to see on the footage. If you look carefully you can just make out the ball being thrown out again by the keeper after hitting the inside 'triangle' around the post. Can sort of understand how the officials missed it with the obstructions though

Having been there on the night there was no doubt the ball crossed the line, though unfortunately it is hard to see on the footage. If you look carefully you can just make out the ball being thrown out again by the keeper after hitting the inside 'triangle' around the post. Can sort of understand how the officials missed it with the obstructions though

Person best placed to see would have been the assistant on that side

Regarding the first incident i don't think it's possible to tell conclusively from the footage that the ball was over the line. As an official shouldn't guess, the referee was right not to award the goal. As FM notes, the AR ought to have been in a good position to give an indication - it's not clear from the footage that there was any or not.

Regarding the second incident, I'm sure the referee will have learnt that there is an appropriate area of the pitch in which to blow for time. This reminds me of the referee Clive Thomas blowing for time as Brazil scored a goal from a corner in a World Cup game. I can't recall the year (1978, http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26252832) but he didn't referee another game in the tournament.

As the referee is the sole arbiter of time, his decision is final for the end of a half / the game. It's a lesson harshly learnt but as long as it has been, and is not repeated, then the referee in this game will know better in the future.

Archived