Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dan Read

staines_rebel_Jr

Taken from Dan Read instagram page, link on the slough town twitter.

Update from the visit to the surgeon yesterday. At some point I have broken my leg under my knee cap and it has gone unnoticed. They need to do another operation to repair this which will mean I can't walk for 3 months. After 12 months should be able to play again. The alternative is to give up. Not the best news but at least there is an option which could fix it

Some really bad news for Dan

He is unable to have the operation until June, so is unlikely to play football again until the 2017/2018 season, huge blow for Ready, and is probably the injury that stopped him from really progressing, as he was top goalscorer for us at 20 in the Ryman One South and was flying, however injury after injury has kept setting him back, and now we know the reason for them.

Poor sod. Let's hope he makes a full recovery. The game can be brutal and cruel for some.

I wish him well in his efforts to get over such a bad injury.

Archived